Senior Analyst - Bristol BS6 | Zoek UK
Bristol BS6, UK
We are looking for innovative people to collaborate with us on our digital transformation journey and make a positive impact on our business.
It's an exciting time to be at Babcock we're making great strides to our ambitious goal of 'Being fit for 500' by delivering our business strategy and growing into new markets, products and technology.
To enable us to realise this goal we're expanding and improving our Analytics function through investment in technology and as such we are looking for people to collaborate with us on our transformation journey and make a positive impact on our business.
The difference our Senior Analyst will make
An excellent opportunity for a Senior Analyst has opened up in our Support business, Analytics team. In this role you will help generate significant value by enabling the business to deliver its operations through report production and analytical support, and a relentless focus on automation. By working as part of team you will be able to really demonstrate your capability as we are always looking for new ways to deliver and add value.
Who we're looking for
This role requires someone for whom collaboration and working in partnership comes naturally. We're looking for someone who'll bring big ideas and solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions. If you are driven, and looking to make a positive impact on a daily basis, you will thrive in this role.
Typical tasks and responsibilities include:
* Utilising reporting tools such as Power BI to deliver meaningful dashboards that generate value from raw data.
* Designing and implementing MVP MI Solutions for use in data processing and for ad hoc reporting requirements.
* Facilitating and providing guidance to the customer with their requirements capture in order to meet their needs.
* Collating, interpreting and delivering the customers requirement from concept to solution.
* Assisting with data quality assurance processes ensure quality and confidence.
* Undertaking project work or special tasks in accordance with business requirements.
* Providing insight into data sets from a variety of sources including providing advice/recommendations to the business based on data.
* Ensuring systems and processes in data analysis are adhered to across the business.
* Ensuring the timely acquisition of data from both internal and external sources.
* Representing the Analytics Team in both internal and external meetings.
* Identifying gaps in data provision and reporting mechanisms and work with team members to provide solutions.
* Demonstrating DST behaviours and having a customer centred attitude/focus.
* Upholding adherence to the Health, Safety & Environmental Polices.
* Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the role.
Qualifications, Skills, Attributes
* Significant experience in Analytics
* Degree level qualification in IT, science, maths or related subject
* Extensive and proven advanced skills within reporting Tools Excel, Power BI etc.
* Expert understanding of software development life cycle and IT delivery approaches
* Extensive and in-depth expertise in data manipulation, management and reporting;
* Exemplary communication and influencing skills
* Extensive analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Excellent attention to detail
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.