Road Tanker Inspector
Circa £30,000.00 dependent on experience
Road Tanker Inspector
Salary circa £30,000.00 dependent on experience
21 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
About the Company:
At Adler and Allan we provide market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting our customers at the heart of what we do we live our values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, Adler and Allan could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
Due to an increase in workload, we are seeking to recruit a full time Road Tanker Inspector to join us. Operating anywhere in the UK, primarily around Essex, Kent and Suffolk, the post-holder will be required to operate independently, fulfilling works for major companies & independent customers, primarily required to fulfil the role of Road Tanker Inspector but also be required to contribute to the operation of numerous other divisions within the business as requested. Applicants should be capable of undertaking independent and impartial inspections of Road Tankers and pass on findings and operate in line with BS EN12972:2007.
Key tasks and accountabilities associated with this role are as follows:
- Operate independently, carrying out works to following standards: BS EN12972:2007 and ISO17020:2012.
- Respond and react to call outs for critical issues and carry out near miss & potential incident reporting.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Maintain a clean and serviceable vehicle, ensuring all equipment, tools, PPE and other items are in good order, repair and available for use at all times. The post holder is expected to inform supervision as soon as any damage is identified.
- Completion of all works in a timely manner; this includes all paperwork and submission to divisional supervision.
- Deliver task specific training with less experienced and qualified employees and confirm results/competency achievement with supervision.
- Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements and/or possible opportunities.
This list is not exhaustive and the post holder will be expected to satisfy any task assigned by supervision which they are qualified and capable of undertaking.
The post-holder should meet the requirements of the VCA Appointment of Bodies for the Inspection of Tanks for the Carriage of Dangerous Goods - Annex C. Knowledge of the technology used for the manufacturing of road tankers and an understanding of the processes involved in the inspection and testing of tanks is desirable.
Previous knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation will be advantageous and the successful applicant must demonstrate a willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to customers.
The post-holder will be expected to undertake all duties in a professional manner, representing the Company well and to the best of ability. Effective written and verbal communication skills are essential and applicants should be self-motivated and ambitious and be a strong team player with an energetic outlook.
Proof of the right to work in the UK will be required, and the successful candidates may be required to undertake a DBS check to satisfy client requirements.
Posted 6 days ago