3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Bolton, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Permanent (Full time)
Are you a driven, enthusiastic and motivated individual? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment?
Would you like to join a progressive and forwardthinking leader in the construction sector?
If you want to further your career and build on your knowledge, Seddon Construction is for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer to join our busy team based in Bolton.
About the role:
- Delivery and expansion of the existing Horizon environment
- Provide technical support, incident management and problem management across at a 3rdline level
- Ensure the performance and availability of the Horizon environment
- Production of Technical RFCs in line with BAU activities
- Maintenance and support of key delivery platforms such as SCCM, MDM, Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI).
- Plan and support upgrades of technology within the environment
- Ensure that all Incidents and Service Requests are proactively managed.
- Support the Major Incident team to provide swift problem resolution as needed
- Assist in the delivery of project works as and when required.
- Ensure systems are patched securely maintaining the highest level of availability, reliability and performance.
- Provide support and advice to end users to aid full exploitation of the VDI solution
- Maintain knowledge of IT VDI architecture, standards and practices and consistently make suggestions to improve the service
- Create and maintain technical documentation to facilitate efficient planning, execution and support within BAU
3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer Infrastructure 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, VMware Horizon View.
Active Directory / Office 365 / SCCM / Cluster Services / GPO etc
Advanced knowledge of SCCM
Strong working knowledge of IT security (firewalls, antivirus etc)
Ability to work under pressure in a challenging environment
Desktop OS imaging building and testing through SCCM, VMWare.
VDI device and application patch management
Automation skills around scripting and application delivery
Knowledge of Veeam Backup/Restore technologies
Experience in virtual server infrastructure (VMware/HyperV)
Knowledge of VPN configuration technologies.
Proven experience working in a demanding VDI role with a large client base
Solid experience and understanding of IT governance processes
Demonstrable experience in end user design, Application rationalisation, virtualisation and presentation.
Experience and good understanding of cloud based EUC technologies such as Microsoft Intune, Office 365, RDS and modern desktop infrastructure technologies.
Established in 1897, Seddon has come a long way growing from a small family business to a national company employing over 700 people. But weve never lost sight of what really matters. To us, building relationships is as important as building buildings.
The reason for our continued success can be summed up in one simple word: TRUST. Our customers know that when we make a promise, we keep it. Thats what sets Seddon apart. Its what our business was founded on and it remains the cornerstone of everything we do today.
Posted 98 days ago