£10 - £13 per hour
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll Officer with Bookkeeping experience to join a firm of Chartered Accountants based in Altrincham. This a temporary vacancy initially for 3 months with the view to become a permanent position.
Reporting into the practice manager, you will be responsible for managing your own portfolio of clients payroll for over 60 clients ranging from single director payrolls to 50 employees. You will process payrolls over weekly, fortnightly and monthly pay cycles. This position also has an element of Bookkeeping which will be 30% of your weekly responsibilities. You will be responsible for preparing client accounts to trial balance, in addition to transactional finance requirements.
- Previous experience running payroll from start to finish
- Desirable experience working within a payroll bureau processing clients payroll
- Up to date knowledge of Payroll legislation
- Background in bookkeeping
- Accounts Payable matching, batching and coding invoices
- Accounts Receivable
- Reconciliation of client accounts
- Preparation of accounts to trial balance
- Month End and Year End responsibilities
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- High level of accuracy, with excellent attention to detail
- Previous use of Quickbooks and Xero desirable, but not essential
- Good Excel Skills, ideally VLOOKUPS and Pivot Tables
If this position sounds of interest, please forward your CV for immediate consideration. Alternatively, contact Adam in our Manchester Office for more information.
Posted 11 days ago