Senior Water Resources Consultant - London | Zoek UK | d6d571
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Water Resources Consultant
London, Greater London, England
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Water Resources Consultant. Working within the Environment and Consents Business Unit, work across a wide range of services bringing together a wealth of staff knowledge and experience in water resources, hydrogeology, water quality, catchment management, hydroecology, hydrology and flood risk.
You will have a key role in the water resources team and can expect to work across a wide range of water management projects spanning water resources planning, water policy and hydrology. You will have responsibility for technical delivery, project or task management and supporting winning new work through the development of proposals.
The role will have a specific focus on existing UK water companies but you will have the opportunity to work with a range of clients across a number of sectors. This may include work beyond the UK in the EU and wider international projects.
Skills / Experience
Your skills and experience should include:
- Demonstrable experience in water resources management in consultancy, Water Company, Regulatory or Academic fields.
- A good understanding of the latest regulatory requirements of UK water resources management including the Water Resource Planning Guidelines.
- Experience in water resources planning or water resources modelling projects and associated tools such as Aquator, PyWR and rainfall runoff models (. CATCHMOD, GR6J, HYSIM)
- Strong numerate and analytical skills, and ability to apply these to analysing problems and finding solutions to novel challenges.
- Some programming experience (skills in Python and/or the R statistical package) would be advantageous. together with an interest in using these skills in the development and implementation of innovative solutions to water management;
- You may already have gained some experience of the management of small projects, and/ or should have some interest in developing your project management skills;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write high quality concise reports
- Valid UK Driving Licence
A good degree-level qualification in a relevant subject, such as geography, hydrology, earth/environmental science, civil engineering or maths;
Post graduate experience in water resources management, hydrology or a related discipline would be advantageous;
You will have gained, or be working towards chartership with a relevant professional body;
For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on######### ext 280 or email bdempster######-
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...