Front End Developer - London | Zoek UK
Front End Developer - Mid / Senior - £50-75K
London, Greater London, England
£40,000 - £75,000 DOE + Great Culture + Company Benefits Package + Personal Development + Bonus
Permanent (Full time)
Watford or London EC2V | £50,000 - £75,000 DOE + Great Culture + Company Benefits Package + Personal Development + Bonus
Who we Are:
We are a global eCommerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to make a big impact through eCommerce.
How? By creating outstanding digital experiences and inspired shopper journeys. It’s why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as GAME, Halfords, Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.
Tell me more!
We’re an inclusive group of more than 1500 globally with 550 thinkers and doers based in the UK. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business – people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready sites, solutions and services.
With new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two other cool agency offices in Central London, we’ve got 20 locations mapped across Europe, North America and Asia.
Come & Join The Team:
As our business grows internationally, we’re seeking new people who share our values and work ethic.
What You'll Be Doing...
- Create prototypes and production-ready XHTML/CSS /JS for eCommerce websites
- Build modular layouts, reusable code and libraries for future use
- Focus on user needs and optimum user experience
- Working within an agile team, contributing to daily stand-ups, sprint planning and estimations
- Forward thinking, focused on performance initiatives and driven to implement headless solutions
- Contributing to the team's focus to maintain Front End Quality through participating in coding reviews and adhering to company coding standards
- Stay current with evolving standards and technologies, learning new skills as needed
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel! You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win – we win!
The techy bit….we need:
- Solid understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS (we like SASS)
- Good understanding of Rest APIs
- Commercial experience working on SPA solutions, ideally within eCommerce
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance optimization, accessibility, and usability.
- Willingness to contribute to both large, complex projects and smaller tasks as directed.
- Experience of using Git version control in a large development team performing Continuous Integration
- Excellent communication skills and capability to interact directly with the customer (show and tells/requirement analysis sessions/retrospectives etc)
- Experience of graphics packages, primarily Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin
- Experience using Unit Testing Frameworks such as Jest, enzyme and react-test-library
- Great attitude, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills
Interested? Apply here for a fast-track path to our Hiring Team for a friendly discussion.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first quoting the job title & ref. Good luck, Team RR.