Water Treatment Technician
£21000 - £27122 Per Annum + Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Are you looking for a new challenge within a fast moving industry with fantastic prospects?
South West Water provide reliable, efficient and high quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
We now have an exciting opportunity to join one of the South West's leading employers as a Water Treatment Technician for our team, covering East Cornwall.
The Water Treatment Technician will operate water treatment sites and associated plant and equipment ensuring that potable water quality and quantity is kept within company standards. This role will require out of hours standby cover as part of the works' operational rota to ensure sites are maintained out of hours. Duties include:
- Ensure that potable water quality and quantity is maintained within company standards having due regard to abstraction licences and the requirements of the distribution system.
- To liaise with the Hub Site Technicians in ensuring water quality and quantity is maintained out of hours and resolve site alarm issues.
- Ensure that all chemicals are stored, handled and used safely, effectively and economically, in line with company procedures.
- Carry out operational maintenance on equipment and instrumentation in accordance with work's schedules and instructions.
- Take water quality samples and carry out on site analysis as required in accordance with works' instructions.
- Perform routine and non-routine tasks in accordance with the operational requirements of sites.
- Ensure that all abnormal events are dealt with in accordance with company procedures and are reported
The Ideal Water Treatment Technician:
- Experience in Water Treatment or other relevant process
- Use of computer systems for works such as SCADA.
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to find creative solutions to problems
- Knowledge of water treatment processes, systems, legislation, policies and procedures.
- Use of computer systems for standard software packages and knowledge of portable data devices
- Understanding of principals of COSHH, Lone Working procedures and Basic First Aid.
- Knowledge of calibration and validation of quality instrumentation.
We have a 1 hour maximum response time from receiving an alarm to arriving at Lowermoor (Camelford), De Lank (St Breward), Bastreet (Launceston), St Cleer (Liskeard) when attending an out of hours callout (requirement to live within an hour of these sites).
Rewards & Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Water Treatment Technician, we can offer a starting salary ofcirca £21,000 per annum dependent on skills and experience. After successful completion of a training period, there is the potential to progress to £27,122 per annum based on the Water Treatment Progression Scheme.
If you have the skills and experience to join our team as a Water Treatment Technician, click**apply today.**
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Posted 104 days ago