SLD Teaching Assistant
£57 - £70 per day
Teaching Personnel is currently working with a highly regarded SEN school based in the Bedford region, which is looking for a learning support assistant to support a in a class which caters for students with severe autism. The role is full-time beginning at the start of September and turn permanent for the right candidate.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, patient and attentive teaching assistant who can support this young person. The students who attend the school mostly have high functioning Autism and need support helping the young people to engage in lessons and also positive activities that include swimming, gym sessions and employment and life skills sessions.
To succeed in this role you will need the following...
- A minimum of 1 years experience of Autism and/or Learning Disability
- Be very physically fit and able to run, jump and enjoy physical activity
- You will be a strong team player with great communication skills, have the ability to work under pressure, and above all be passionate and committed to the development of the young adults we work with
- To be available full-time
- Organisation and behaviour management skills
- Ability to tailor your approach
- Driven, motivated and positive personality
As a SEN teaching assistant you will be expected to do the following:
- Ensuring the pupils are able to use equipment and materials provided
- Motivating and encouraging the pupil as required by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils' needs
- Assisting in speech and language, reading, spelling, numeracy, handwriting/presentation etc
- Using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task
- Liaising with class teacher, SENCO and other professionals about individual education plans (IEPs), contributing to the planning and delivery as appropriate
- Providing additional nurture to individuals when requested by the class teacher or SENCO
- Consistently and effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies
- Helping to make appropriate resources to support the pupils
Teaching Personnel are the UK's leading Education Recruitment Agency and we are recruiting for similar vacancies across Bedford.
In order to register with Teaching Personnel, candidates are required to have Child Workforce DBS registered on the update service. All candidates are required to complete a Safeguarding course through Teaching Personnel, or provide a relevant safeguarding certificate during your registration process. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory vetting checks and references.
If you feel this is the right role for you then please contact Harry McCullagh at Teaching Personnel on#########
Posted 21 days ago