Permanent Grad CAD Technician Geotechnical engineering
£20000 - £22000 per annum + Plus package
PSR Solutions are currently looking for Graduate CAD Technicians to join a leading Geotechnical civil Engineering contractor based in Surry. They are involved in a number of largescale projects across multiple sectors and due to continued expansion, they are actively seeking a Civil Engineering CAD technician to join their team of expert engineers. You will be involved in a number of remediation projects across the London region, so a background in earthworks or civil engineering is essential for this role.
be as follows:
I am looking for an individual who is a recent college leaver with a good level of CAD proficiency (Autodesk primarily) and relevant educational background in engineering, geology, geography, or IT/GIS is desirable. They will be highly organised with excellent communication skills and computer literacy. They will have an enthusiasm for the construction industry, earth sciences, or CAD, and will be able to work independently and within a team. Minimum qualifications required are either an NVQ3 in engineering or CAD discipline in addition to a GCSE grade B in Maths and English.
CAD Technician will be expected to be able to transfer the learning gained during their education to a commercial environment, and to apply principles that they have acquired in combination with practical ability. They will be expected to work closely with project managers and other project engineers as part of a team and, where required, on their own following instructions given to them by the Project Managers or other senior members of the project teams. They will be expected to work within the office environment undertaking project work including, computations, analysis and compilation of graphs and figures, CAD models, and general ground investigation data entry and manipulation, etc. Formal and informal training can be provided to the right candidate, but it is expected that the candidate will already be broadly proficient in the use of CAD (Autodesk).
The following competencies identify the criteria to be demonstrated. A CAD Technician grade member of staff will be able, after an initial 3month training period, to demonstrate:
- Provision of CAD drawings and figures that form a key part of our reports to clients. This will include producing site plans, contour plots, technical drawings and supporting information for our reports.
- Provision of borehole logs and crosssections using gINT and CAD. Data input and manipulation to those software packages. Specialist software training will be provided although an existing working knowledge of AutoCAD will be required.
- Where appropriate, the role may develop into supporting engineers in the analysis of ground investigation data, taking off earthworks quantities, producing 2D and 3D ground models etc.
- To have an understanding of the basic principles of ground and conceptual models.
- To seek advice from senior staff when in any doubt as to the technical aspects of projects.
- To understand the concept that a project has to make a profit and that the outcomes of the work must be focussed to the clients stated requirements.
- To copy all correspondence to the Project Manager and record details of all other client communications and copy to the Project Manager.
- The candidate would be encouraged to enrol in the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) and supported through their approved training scheme to become a Technician Member (TMICE) of the ICE.
Typical profile of a CAD Technician
- It is possible that recruitment may see equivalence drawn with other organisations for appointment at this grade. However, a Technician should be demonstrating the following qualities within six months of starting employment at the end of their probation with the company:
- They will be able to work independently in CAD, gINT and other software packages to produce the project deliverables required to support the engineers.
- They will be showing signs of technical and basic commercial competence in what they do to colleagues at higher grades.
- They will be aware of the importance of time/cost control and budget management.
- They will be contributing to the safe working and HSE culture of the business and aware of the legal frameworks and responsibilities professional staff hold both on site and in the office.
- They will be identifying the professional pathway to achieve the professional status they wish to embark upon. They will be recording and formulating a personal library of technical support data to underpin their future professional development. They will expect to be flexible to client requirements for responses and hold and maintain a current UK driving licence.
Key Attributes for this CAD Technician role include;
- High level of competency and experience of Civil engineering CAD in earthworks
- Experience in in all versions of Autocad including Civils 3D is essential.
- CAD experience of geotechnical and geoenvironmental drafting for earthworks packages and ground investigation reports (desirable)
- IT literate with a strong interest in system development and improving drawing standards.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a fast pace design office
- This is an excellent opportunity that offers a very competitive salary and will be negotiable depending on your experience. There are also genuine opportunities to progress within the company.
If this is of interest, then please give me a call on######### /######### or email me on
Posted 9 days ago