Workforce Development Course Administrator (Admin Assistant)
Up to £9.36 per hour
Temporary (Full time)
Workforce Development Course Administrator (Administrative Assistant)
Hampshire Corporate Workforce Development is a change and people development service delivered through joint working with Hampshire Fire and Rescue, Hampshire Constabulary and Hampshire County Council.
Working in this evolving and fastpaced environment, youll play a vital role in ensuring smooth operational delivery of our transactional services and activities. Were looking for an enthusiastic administrator with excellent attention to detail and a commitment to great customer service.
You will be the first point of contact for all course booking enquiries relating to our service provision and will handle a high volume of calls which will need to be dealt with quickly and professionally. You will be responsible for maintaining and administering course bookings on the new Learning Management System which is being implemented as well as providing resources for training events. You and your colleagues will share the responsibility for these tasks so its really important that you work well in a team and are able to follow the processes that have been put in place as well as having a keen eye for how these processes can be improved.
We will train you on the systems and processes, but youll need to be organised, have competent IT skills (especially in Excel and Outlook) and be confident and courteous in dealing with customers over the phone and by email.
Section Title: Job Purpose:**Job Purpose:**
To provide administrative support to the Workforce Development team to ensure the smooth operational delivery of the departmental course catalogue
Section Title: Role Responsibilities:**Role Responsibilities:**
Main and Generic Tasks
- Undertake a range of administrative functions, under direction, following prescribed corporate and departmental processes and procedures.
- * Maintain manual and electronic storage and information systems to ensure accurate and up to date information is readily available, collating input and output information.
- * Act as first point of contact for general enquiries and reception, responding within standard procedures or referring the enquiry to an appropriate destination
- * Maintain lists of contacts to deal with a range of customer requirements
- * Undertake other tasks under direction to support the activity and performance of the department
Corporate and statutory initiatives equalities/health & safety/egovernment/sustainability
- * To maintain an awareness of corporate and departmental equalities and health and safety policies and procedures and applies them in the day to day job requirements
- * To maintain an awareness and understanding of corporate data protection policies, ensuring that any concerns for data protection are escalated to your supervisor or line manager in the first instance.
Key Decision Making Areas in the Role
- * Redirecting calls and enquiries to the most appropriate person.
- * Assessing own workload and prioritising tasks under direction.
- * Seeking guidance from appropriate contacts when appropriate.
Role Dimensions financial (e.g. budgets) and nonfinancial units (e.g. workload, customers/staff)
- * Assist in the monitoring and control of routine budgetary information and other data to support processes and service level agreements.
Main Contacts external/internal customer contacts and purpose
- * Colleagues and managers, other HCC departments/sections
- * Customers, suppliers, maintenance engineers, external agencies
Section Title: Role Requirements:**Role Requirements:**
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
- * Great attention to detail
- * Experience of handling confidential data
- * Experience in dealing with a diverse customer group
Section Title: Working Conditions:**Working Conditions:**
- Use of display screen equipment.
- Daily movement and carrying of files.
- Occasional lifting and movement of stationery and office equipment between office locations, for example, to aid delivery of presentations.
Connect2Hampshire, part of Hampshire & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Posted 96 days ago