Medical Needs Teacher
Bexley, Greater London, England
£26k per year
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Medical Needs Teacher to work at a school in the Bexley area. The medical needs teacher will be working with a maximum class size of 8 students, who are within KS4. This is a permanent, full time teaching role, starting in September 2019. This role would suit a secondary trained teacher, who can teach across a variety of subjects. For this medical needs teaching role, you will be working with students with a variety of mental health needs.
About the Role
- Medical Needs teacher
- The ideal candidate will be a Maths or English trained teacher, who has the ability to teach 2 or 3 other subjects TO KS4 students
- To work with a maximum class size of 8 students with mental health needs.
- The needs of the students includes anxiety or depression, those that self-harm, those who have been out of a school environment for a lengthy amount of time
- All students within this class will be in KS4
- You will be working with one other adult (TA or HLTA) in the classroom.
- This is a permanent role, starting in September 2019
- The KS3 teaching role is full-time only, and the hours are 8.30am to 4pm. There will be some additional hours for staff meetings and training during the week. These will run until 4.45pm.
- This post is open to candidates on an MPS and UPS salary scale.
- There will be a SEN 1 and Outer London allowance.
About the School
- Pupil Referral Unit / SEMH school for children with challenging behaviour.
- Students who attend this school are from KS1 through to KS4
- Multiple services available, including an outreach and pastoral team, working closely with parents and external services
- Part of an academy for children in the south east area of London
- Recent refurbishments boast a large football / basketball court on site.
- Ample break out rooms for 1:1 teaching
- Outside space for KS1 and KS2 students (shared) and separate outside playground for KS3 and another for KS4
- Large construction workshop, as well as a fully kitted out kitchen for Food Tech lessons.
- Easily accessible in Zone 4 by public transport, and a school car park plus street parking around the local area.
- Small community feel within the school, with a tight knit team of staff.
In order to be considered for this role, the M edical Needs Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
- Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
- NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to ######### quoting job reference number LXD372511
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.
Posted 36 days ago