Real Science Associate Medical Writer
Real Science is a scientific centre of excellence, infusing credibility and scientific rigour into conversations around health and wellness choices. A medical communications agency of 30 account handlers and medical writers, and part of the Publicis Health network, we believe in building teams of people who ‘just get it’. Together, we design creative educational and multichannel solutions for our clients, grounded in scientific principles that make a real difference.
Real Science has an enviable reputation in the industry for both our work and our company culture. We are continually being sought out by clients who want to work with us because of our reputation for innovative, scientific thinking and excellent delivery.
Our ability to integrate medical education, public relations and advertising specialities allows us to create impactful and effective solutions, whatever our clients’ needs. As part of Publicis Health our clients can benefit from our unprecedented global understanding and reach.
Please visit our website for more information: Description
We are looking for an associate medical writer to be based at our Baker Street offices in London. This is an exciting role for a talented individual who wishes to develop their career in medical writing. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, senior members of the Real Science editorial team, on a range of projects across the full spectrum of medical communications activities. These include congress activities, training materials, websites and digital applications. Close links with our sister agencies (including those specialising in advertising and public relations) provide avenues for cross-functional working and afford our team with exposure to different ways of thinking to enhance our medical communications offerings. Our main therapy areas are currently oncology, dermatology, CNS disorders and respiratory disease but new business wins will provide an opportunity to work in other areas.
To be successful in your application, you will need to have a solid scientific background, a clear and concise writing style, an enthusiasm for learning and a keen eye for detail. In this role, you will be an integral member of the account teams, responsible for producing editorial work of the highest quality, communicating with clients, and supporting our account handlers and management team with the wider business needs.
Specific Job Criteria:
Scientific Knowledge and Skills
· Under supervision uses therapy area knowledge to ensure communication objectives are met on assigned projects.
· Uses a range of resources to understand the underlying science and product strategy related to assigned projects.
· Is able to learn new therapeutic areas quickly and demonstrate this knowledge.
· Demonstrates an ability to use a range of resources (e.g. PubMed).
· Shows a solid ability to structure and write straightforward documents (e.g. simple manuscripts, posters, abstracts, slide decks, websites, training programmes and advisory board reports).
· Has the ability to write commercially focused materials (e.g. story flows/strategic frameworks, objection handlers and competitor intelligence reports) with supervision from more senior team members.
· Is able to adapt writing style to suit difference audiences (e.g. primary and secondary care physicians, nurses or patients).
· Demonstrates the ability to adhere to quality control processes, including data checking and proofreading.
· Plays a pivotal role within the editorial team, always leading by example and demonstrating knowledge of good practice/industry guidelines.
· Is a team player, recognising where s/he can use his/her skills to support colleagues in both the editorial and account handling teams.
Account Services/Budgeting/Strategic Input
Working with senior members of the editorial team, you will:
· Participate in the execution of established editorial deliverables adhering to project deadlines, budgets and briefs.
· Initiate discussions with the client services teams regarding any potential barriers to successful project completion and suggests solutions.
· Create, maintain and take ownership of assigned job bags.
· Be able to confidently liaise with clients by email, telephone and in person with appropriate support from more senior team members; always responds promptly to client requests.
· Be fully aware of the expectations of a writer at an offsite meeting, including active contribution.
· You should already have a bachelor’s degree in the life sciences (2:1 or above) and possibly a master’s degree or a PhD.
· You will have demonstrated a passion and aptitude for clear and concise writing throughout your academic studies, or from your extra-curricular activities
At Publicis Health, we are united around one purpose: to create a world where people are equipped and motivated to take control of their health. We transform healthcare marketing and communications into healthcare engagement.
We believe healthcare marketing is healthcare, fostering healthy conversations, healthy behaviours and healthy people. Publicis Health is a Dynamic Health Engagement Platform, an organising principle that seamlessly connects data, content and technology; is driven by marketing and business transformation; and offers our clients fluid access to world-class talent and game-changing capabilities.
With 40 offices and 15 brands across the globe, Publicis Health’s worldwide staff is comprised of more than 3,000 healthcare professionals who are experts in advertising and branding, data and analytics, strategic planning, service design, digital media and technology, science, and medicine.
Publicis Health companies include Digitas Health, Discovery USA, Heartbeat, insync, Langland, Payer Sciences, PlowShare Group, Publicis Health France, Publicis Health Media, Publicis LifeBrands, Publicis Resolute, Razorfish Health, Real Science, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness, and Verilogue. For more information, visit us at
Posted 12 days ago