Software Development Manger
York, North Yorkshire
Up to £0.00 per annum
Software Development Manager
- £50,000 £65,000 + Benefits
Looking for an experienced and talented Software Development Manager to manage, lead, plan and implement the companys IT system software and web applications. A great time to join as the company are about to embark on many IT transformations and new software development projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for end to end delivery and support of software products and services across the business through managing the team of engineers.
Highlight of duties;
- Providing specialist advice on all software development management issues.
- Identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Undertaking project management: development cycle, coding practice and deadlines, production / implementation management.
- Coordinating the development teams and allocating resources in line with business strategy and objectives.
- Minimise waste in the development process by driving an automation agenda where suitable.
- Identifying risks and implement mitigating controls.
- Management and overseeing of the maintenance of the current websites file structures and related technologies.
- Support in maintaining appropriate disaster recovery plans for all services and data.
- Monitoring productivity of individuals and the development teams as a whole.
- Managing the development cycle, coding practice and deadlines.
- Working with all Departments to improve IT systems and Web applications/services.
- Recruiting, training and motivating competent software engineers.
Line manage all the engineers in the team, overseeing and evaluating their work.
- Skills and experience;
Minimum 4 years experience as a software development manager and with a background of commercial development experience;
- Technical and software development skills.
- Software Development Lifecycle and structured change management
- Business and Enterprise architecture best practices
- Ability to understand and interpret emerging software development technologies and integrate them into the business environment.
- Knowledge of development within different project delivery methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
- Demonstrable experience of hiring and managing a team of highly skilled software engineers.
Have a strong understanding of system design and software architecture. Must be able to engage in meaningful conversations with engineers, architects and the Head of IT in terms of how we should design systems.
- 33 days holiday including BH, plus service increase
- Free onsite gym
- Free onsite creche
- Free parking
Posted 31 days ago