Protection and Control Senior Engineer - Nationwide | Zoek UK
Protection and Control Senior Engineer
£450 - £550 per day
Contract (Full time)
We are currently searching for a Senior Protection & Control Engineer for our client to be based in London, with frequent trips to Madrid. This will be to start Mid-June and will run for approx 3 years.
The Protection, Control and Metering (PCM) Senior Engineer shall provide the scope of works defined below, ensuring that the Protection, Control and Metering scope for the Baltic Eagle Offshore Wind Farm is designed and delivered in accordance with the Employer's requirements, Grid Code and Network Connection Agreements requirements, other TSO requirements, the Company standards, industry relevant standards and best engineering practices.
Ensure that the Protection, Control and Metering systems provided by contractors (including Substation Control System, Protection System, Platform Auxiliary Control system and Metering systems) are designed and delivered in accordance with the Employer's requirements, the Grid Code and Network Connection Agreements requirements, other TSO requirements, the Company standards, industry relevant standards and best engineering practices. Review and acceptance of technical deliverables, including but not limited to:
Protection Single Line Diagram
Protection basic design
Protection detailed design
Protection Coordination Study, including review of protection settings and configurations files
SCS Functional Description
Communications Architecture o Protection and Control Equipment List
Signal list (including hardwired and communicated with third party systems) o Panel drawings (layout drawings, circuit diagrams, wiring diagrams,...)
Logic diagrams, including interlocks and tripping logics
Testing Procedures and certificates
Interfaces with other systems, including protection system interface with TSO, signal exchange with TSO, interface for control and protection of WTG switchgear
CT/VT specifications and calculation reports o Wiring diagram for interconnection
Based in London, with frequent trips to Madrid, Berlin and Glasgow.
- Educated to Degree level in relevant engineering discipline
- Proven experience (7 years) in engineering specification, design, commissioning and management of Protection, Control and Metering systems, including technical specifications, I/O lists, panel electrical drawings, interlocks, electrical protection design and protection SLD, control architecture, communication network, control logics, metering design, etc.
- Experience in wind farm industry substation control and protection.
- Deep knowledge of electrical substations including electrical drawings.
- Previous experience in Offshore Wind.
- Flexibility to travel is required (UK, Germany, Spain, other European countries depending on location of main contractors) for inspection, FAT, interoperability tests, meetings.
- Fluent in English
Posted 44 days ago