£25000 - £30000 per annum
Permanent (Full time)
My client based in Central London is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Legal Cashier to join their busy Finance team.
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to join the Cashiers team and provide an efficient and effective Cashiering service to fee earners, to ensure the Firm complies with the Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR) and to support the Finance Department. You will be involved with all round Cashiering including Client and Office accounts as well as invoicing, reconciliations, Payments and transfers.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Providing support to the accounts manager.
- Process cheque requests for disbursements, nominal, client and office payments and produce cheques.
- Administer client and office bank reconciliation.
- Process receipts for client and office accounts.
- Process client invoices.
- Update the database open and close client accounts.
- Maintain bank account records.
- Manage and process BACS/CHAPS and all necessary online banking.
- Administer petty cash and handle expenses.
- Administer the day end procedures, close down books.
- Help team with credit control duties as required.
- Help to record work in progress and monitor invoicing that it is done in a timely manner.
We require someone who has Law Firm experience who thrives working in a team and takes a proactive approach to their work. Key attributes include:
- Have an excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate effectively at every level of the business
- Have an eye for detail, ensuring a consistent high level of accuracy.
- Be motivated and enthusiastic, using your own initiative when necessary.
- Have proficient IT skills and the ability to learn how to use new systems and technology quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure
Posted 89 days ago