Crewe CW1 6NG, UK
As a business, Hermes is driven by our four values of Do the right thing, Dare to be different, Strive for more andBe customer obsessed. We run our business by these values and they are reflected in all of our positions, especially in our Field Manager role where you will engage with our Couriers to ensure the delivery of parcels to our customers.
What does the Field Manager do?
- First and foremost our Field Manager makes sure that the Courier Teams deliver our customer's parcels
- They are the point of contact for the Couriers when they have issues, cannot attend work or need guidance
- Ensuring that all work that has been allocated has been picked up by a Courier. Where this is not the case working on finding solutions to ensure that our customers’ delivery is achieved
- Review tracking data to ensure that Couriers are on track and where relevant step in to check if there are issues and offer solutions
- You will also be responsible for Courier recruitment and “on-boarding” this is a major part of the role
- Managing/monitoring KPI targets
- Cost management/budgeting
All in all, it’s a busy job!
What will you bring to the Field Manager role?
- The ability to deal with people and conflict
- A “can do” attitude
- The ability to think on your feet and come up with solutions to problems
- A good geographical knowledge of the local areas
- An approachable manner with a strong desire to get the job done
- An understanding that a role of this type is not your average 9-5 and will involve working on a rotation basis
What support will the field manager receive?
- You will work alongside compliance managers to ensure that key parcel delivery targets are met
- Sub depot and main depot teams will be on hand to offer assistance as required
- Hermes is committed to developing its people and you will have the backing of your management team and the wider business to really achieve in your role and career with the business
What will make you our ideal candidate?
- As an agile member of our team you will manage Courier service, working out of a number of sub depots within the Crewe/Stoke areas (therefore you must possess a driving licence). This flexibility is key and the successful candidate must appreciate this
- As part of your role you will review and own the service performance of self-employed Couriers and be responsible for delivery coverage within designated areas. Your ability to demonstrate experience in assessing results and implementing change will make you stand out to us
- Our job is for someone who is able to efficiently prioritise pressing needs where there isn’t an obvious solution and provide feedback to the wider business. Your experience in leading teams and ensuring end results will be vital
- Previous experience of managing a team, coaching and interviewing/recruiting people is essential. Please do not apply if you don't have all of this crucial experience as unfortunately, we will not progress your application.
We understand that our Field Manager position is a demanding yet rewarding role (it's not a walk in the park), it’s a lot of responsibility and we are looking for colleagues to join us who have the experience and desire to drive a great customer experience in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
We can offer you a competitive salary, company car, bonus, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays. We will contribute 3% into your pension, give you peace of mind through life assurance and also provide income protection cover. On top of this, we offer a great range of flexible benefits that aim to provide something for everyone, so whether you want a discount with a retailer, insurance for your new gadget, or a cash back health care scheme that can include an online GP service, we’re sure we’ve got something for you. As well as great benefits we can also provide you with the opportunity to further your career with vocational qualifications and in-house training.
This is a great time to be joining us, we’ve grown year on year and we have plans in place for future growth which give you the opportunity to grow with us.
Posted 18 days ago