Band 5 Staff Nurse (Registered Mental Health Nurse/RNLD)
West Bromwich, West Midlands
£24214.00 - £30112.00 per annum
Sanctuary Health has a permanent job vacancy for a Band 5 Staff Nurse (RMN/RNLD) to work fulltime with a leading private healthcare provider in West Bromwich. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of mental health nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The salary for this permanent Staff Nurse role is £24,214 £30,112 per annum.
- To provide quality nursing care and be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care needs.
- To carry out all appropriate care interventions and be designated to take charge regularly of the ward in which she/he is placed.
- To supervise junior staff, to teach and supervise qualified and unqualified staff, including students.
- To play an active part in the continuing development of the ward or department in which she/he is placed.
- To apply enhanced knowledge, skills, experience and leadership appropriate to the care setting.
- Practice within the NMC Code of Professional conduct.
- Newly qualified band 5 to undertake a period of preceptorship in line with the organisations Preceptorship Policy and Competency framework.
- To be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and the evaluation of programmes of care, working within an area of high dependency, supporting and caring for those who are acutely or critically ill and also those who are suffering from symptoms of chronic disease.
- To be responsible, with the Ward Manager and Ward Charge Nurses, for setting and maintaining the highest standards of care within the resources available and assist the Ward Manager in participating in the review and monitoring of these on a continuous basis through the processes and mechanisms of Clinical Governance.
- To act as Practice Mentor to qualified and unqualified staff including pre and post registration students. To be a registered NVQ Assessor.
- To supervise nursing/nonnursing staff where applicable.
- NHS Pension Scheme; Employer pays 14.3% towards pensions and life assurance benefits.
- Annual Leave; On appointment to NHS 27 days pro rata, After 5 years NHS Service 29 days pro rata, after 10 years NHS Service 33 days pro rata. (Bank holidays included could be up to 41 days) Also buying extra annual leave is available.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff Support
- Lease Car Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Long Service Awards
- Flexible Working & Parental Leave
- Statutory and Occupational Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave
- NHS Discounts and shopping vouchers
- Health & Wellbeing
- Annual appraisal
- Support with continuing professional development
- Research and innovative practice.
- Partnership work with Unions
- Occupational Health Service
Requirements of the Staff Nurse:
- You will be a registered nurse and will have a valid NMC pin.
- A genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development.
This Staff Nurse role is advertised by Vitor Rosado; if you are interested in this position please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting us. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Posted 45 days ago