RF Assembly and Test Engineer
Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
£30k - 35k per year
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced RF Assembly and Test Engineer to join our client's technology driven manufacturing solutions company based in Basingstoke.
The Role As a RF Assembly and Test Engineer, you will:
- Manufacture an assortment of RF cables
- Have the ability to operate signal generators, spectrum analysers and VNA
- Safely wire, solder and assemble S and X band sub-assemblies and products
Product examples are satellite tracking antennas, ground support equipment and build to print services. In addition, all aspects of operating in a build and test environment are required i.e. inventory control, parts management, product quality. Therefore, use of RF and electrical engineering tools, reading and understanding RF and electrical engineering drawings and basic electronic principles are required.
Responsibilities Reporting to the Production Manager you will work as part of the production engineering team. As the RF Assembly and Test Engineer your duties will include:
- Providing a safe and quality product using high working standards and components following correct assembly drawings and test specifications
- Correct product assembly for a broad product range
- Product identification and handling i.e. part/serial number
- Recommendations of process, product or BOM changes, ensuring continuous improvement and ability to undertake improvement projects as directed by Engineering or Production Managers
The Person As a RF Test Engineer you must be / have:
- ONC/ HNC/HND or equivalent in a relevant RF or electrical discipline or apprenticeship trained
- Relevant RF and or electrical engineering experience gained from time served in applicable industry
- Good RF and or electrical skill set and fitting experience
- Ability to work at heights and utilise lifting equipment (training can be provided). Forklift truck license is advantageous
- Excellent communication skills and good attention to detail
- Sound fault finding skills on RF and basic electrical systems
- An interest in RF and electrical engineering and machinery
- Proactive and flexible working attitude, punctual and reliable with an ability to work alone, self-motivated by timescales generated by project needs
- Basic mechanical knowledge is advantageous
- Basic networking understanding
Rewards As a RF Assembly and Test Engineer you will receive a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience.
How to Apply Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients' business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
RF Test Engineer, Manufacturer, Operative, Maintenance, electrical, engineering, mechanical,
Posted 6 days ago