Preston, Lancashire, England
Hours: 38 hours per week
Job type: Full Time Position
Plumbs has been designing and producing quality made-to-measure furniture covers and curtains for over half a century and with the continued development of our furniture re-upholstery service, we are now firmly established as the UK's leading re-upholsterer. We are a successful, British, family run company employing approximately 320 people at our Head Office in Preston.
Due to changes within our Transport function, we now have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to assist the Transport Team in the day to day operation of the department.
Responsibilities of the Transport Assistant:
- Calling Customers to book in collections
- Loading and unloading vehicles, ensuring all product is correctly wrapped and labelled
- Ensure the loading area is kept clean and tidy
- Ensure all furniture bags are folded, clean and stored in the right area
- Ensure that any vehicle loaded is clean and presentable
- Any other duty allocated by the Transport Manager or Transport Planner
Requirements of the Transport Assistant:
- PC literate, Outlook, Excel & Word preferred
- Experience of controlling costs, budgets and variances
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to organise workload and forward plan
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Team focused
- Good customer service and communication skills, with a confident telephone manner
- NVQ Level 2 in Warehousing & Distribution is desirable but not essential, as is experience of Warehouse Management Systems
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Transport Assistant, then please apply now!
Closing Date for Applications: Friday, 30th August 2019
Posted 32 days ago