Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
Please note that the working hours for this role are as follows: 37.5 hours per week, Wednesday to Sunday. 12.00 - 20.00 Wednesday to Friday and 09.00 - 17.00 Saturday and Sunday.
A role at Eurofins is challenging and varied each and every day. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package to reward our great people for all the hard work they do.
• Processing of Food Samples
• Processing of Swabs both neutralising and sponge swabs.
• Processing of Water samples.
• Completion of relevant checks in accordance with daily duties e.g pipettor weight checks, recording of cleaning activities in the required cleaning worksheets.
• Cleaning of trays and washing up of bottles or other glassware, as required.
• Assisting sample reception with labelling of samples ready for analysis.
• Ensure adequate supply of soap, paper towels etc at each hand washing facility.
• Ensure adequate supply of laboratory consumables at appropriate work stations.
• Unpacking of deliveries and ensuring prompt storage of perishable items in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
• Ensuring laboratory waste is disposed of promptly, recycling as appropriate.
• Assisting with the melting and tempering of media required for analysis.
• Assisting analysts with pouring of agar.
• Placing of enrichment bags and agar plates into appropriate incubators.
• Ensure clean as you go policy is adopted.
• Any other duties as required for the role.
- Previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided.
- Maths, English, Chemistry or Biology at GCSE grade C or above or equivalent
- Science degree would be desirable but not essential
- Experience of working within a fast paced, busy environment
- Laboratory experience is welcomed but is not essential
- Production experience would be beneficial
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure with excellent attention to detail
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In return you can expect a competitive salary, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, good team and working environment, life assurance and other benefits such as Perkbox, car parking and employee assistance programme.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Posted 10 days ago