IT Business Analyst
£30000 - £33000 per annum
Our client, a leading financial services company, based in Slough are looking for a IT Business Analyst to join the IT Change Team and will support the IT Lead Business analyst to define and deliver IT and business process changes within their area of the organisation.
- Evaluate options and present proposed solutions clearly with supporting analysis for validation and review, to include cost/benefit analysis and business process, application and data impact
- Produce clear and detailed documentation of operational business requirements, including functional and nonfunctional requirements and definition of test plans
- Work with the IT Operations team and business stakeholders to establish service design and service levels for new or changed IT systems/services/applications
- Ensure quality process, applications and systems documentation is provided and/or updated as a result of any change
- Ensure all changes follow best practice security guidelines, such that capabilities and service provided are secure by design
- Undertake acceptance testing and ensure all testing is completed in line with test plans
- Provide training as appropriate in new or updated processes or application capability, ensuring that users and first line support are fully aware of changes
- Under the direction of the Lead Business Analyst, undertake application configuration across test, UAT and preprod environments, working with IT Operations team staff to promote changes to production in line with best practice operational controls
- Basic understanding of ITIL Service Strategy and Service Transition processes, ideally at least ITIL Foundation certified
- Practical experience of business analysis and process mapping techniques. Qualified or prepared to work towards ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis; Six Sigma belt/Lean certification would be an added bonus
- Practical understanding of IT project, programme and portfolio management; experience of Agile methods would be advantageous
- Expertise within the software development life cycle, including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of software applications
- Ideally degree educated
- Customer focussed, flexible, pragmatic and decisive
This is a full time permanent position and the working hours for this role are MondayFriday 9am5:30pm. There is free parking available on site.
Please apply online to be considered.
Posted 16 days ago