Sessional Ben Club Play Worker
Northallerton, North Yorkshire
Up to £19872 per annum + a great matched pension rate of 7%
Permanent (Part time)
A career thats life changing, for you and the children.
Location: RAF Leeming, North Yorkshire
Salary: £10.30 per hour
Contract: Permanent PartTime, Term Time
Hours: 2 hours a week Thursdays 46pm
How does Action for Children work?
Action for Children does whats right, does whats needed and does what works for children across the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and their families but for every child who needs help to get help, theres plenty more to do. Thats where you come in.
Action for Children deliver the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund (RAFBF) Airplay Youth Support Programme and Ben Club play sessions in partnership with the Royal Air Force (RAF), across 23 RAF Stations. Ben Club provides one session of play work to children aged 57 each week at 19 RAF Stations.
What is the role all about?
The RAF Ben Club delivers play sessions to children aged 5 to 7 years in partnership with the RAF.
As a Sessional Ben Club Play Worker, youll liaise with other care agencies and care professionals to directly support children, young people and their families, agreeing and providing specialised intervention services in line with our business plan.
So where do you come in?
Youll significantly improve young peoples lives:
- By providing great play activities for children from RAF Leeming
- By using your imagination and creativity to engage with children
- By being part of a wellloved programme across the entire RAF
- By supporting service families on the base
And what will you need?
- The ability to relate to and inspire children aged 5 to 7
- An enthusiasm towards the care of children
- A willingness to take part, get involved and have fun
- A willingness to commit to the schedule
- A firm commitment to the development and safeguarding of children and young people
- Preferably access to a car, as there are a lack of public transport links nearby
- Preferably knowledge of delivering activities and provision to children in a group setting
What are the rewards?
In return for your work, we will give you:
- Minimum 29 days holiday (pro rata)
- Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption packages
- Season ticket travel loans
- An impressive pension match scheme, up to 7% of your annual salary dependent on contribution
- Discounts at major high street retailers
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable childrens lives.
This role is one not to be missed. Apply now!
For more information please email ######### for a response within 24 hours.
Guidant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Posted 125 days ago