Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, England
£38 - £42/hour
Unspecified (Full time)
Construction Engineer/Site Engineer
Based in Aylesbury (Buckinghamshire), the succesful Construction Engineer/Site Engineer will be reporting to the Principal Engineer/Project Manager.
The role of Engineer will be to support the Senior Engineer, implementing a portfolio of programmes of work.
The construction of the Highways Schemes in Buckinghamshire to include (but not limited to) Public Realm improvements, carriageway and footway repairs and reconstruction, drainage, vehicle restrain systems (VRS), temporary works, traffic management, road markings and signs, minor and major improvement works.
General Responsibilities of the Engineer:
* Reporting to the Principal Engineer/Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery, either through supply chain or direct labour, of various construction projects for highways, drainage, flooding and a variety of other work streams
* You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across the project and for the monitoring of progress.
* You will be expected to attend progress meetings, and meet with stakeholders as appropriate during construction to understand and resolve issues arising.
* Required to be mobile and able to attend all site and depot locations within Buckinghamshire for inspections and progress monitoring
* To prepare and assist in the management and monitoring of works programmes or services. To ensure that schemes are safely delivered on time and within budget.
* To create and maintain successful and productive working relationships with supply chain partners to achieve timely and safe delivery of schemes
* You may be expected to attend progress meetings, public exhibitions and public inquiries
* To assist with the management and provision of technical support for staff dealing with all aspects of the service.
* Degree (B Eng/B Sc) or related equivelant
* Incorportaed Engineer
* Minimum 3 years experience
* Memebership or working towards membership of relevant Professional Institution and demonstrate evidence of continuous professional development
* Knowledge of design procedures, guidance and standards and good practice documents including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB), Specification for Highway (SHW), Manual for Streets (MfS), Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD) and Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs).
* Knowledge and application of environmental and health and safety legislation including Construction (Design & Management) Regulations.
* Conversant with Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and its range of complimentary packages.
* Knowledge of budgetary governance, management and control measures.
* Driving Licence
This role is on an inside IR35 contract basis