East Sussex, England
£40k - 50k per year + Bonus + Benefits
Performance Engineer required by rapidly expanding organisation. Reporting to the Head of Technical Operations, you will have responsibility for maintaining the Performance, Monitoring and Stability of platforms and integrations within the IT Operations team. You will be responsible for ensuring the daily performance, monitoring and alerting of the production systems along initial triage of performance, monitoring or stability related incidents, with a focus on maximising uptime, performance and efficiency.
- Support the overall health and adherence to NFRs of the core platforms.
- Support root cause analysis of stability and performance issues.
- Provide capacity planning support to network engineers and DBA's to pro-actively manage capacity.
- Produce trending reports for storage and server capacity.
- Work closely with DBA, Technical Operations and Release Management teams to pro-actively apply performance and stability fixes to the production environment.
- Work with Non-Functional Test team to validate test results for performance and stability.
- Investigate, resolve and mitigate service-impacting events in conjunction with IT System Engineers.
- Assist in the implementation of automation of operational tasks.
- Overall responsibility for the operation of production application monitoring systems.
Skills Knowledge & Experience
- Strong IT experience as a Performance Engineer.
- Detailed knowledge application and infrastructure monitoring tools (with focus on Dynatrace, Solarwinds, Perfmon,
- A good working knowledge of ITSM tools such as ServiceNow, Cherwell, JIRA.
- Deep understanding of system events, triggers, event correlation and alerting.
- Scripting ability in languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell, etc.
- Browser based applications: Websphere, JAVA and GOSU.
- Experience with load-testing products.
- A proven ability to review log files from diverse systems and use of enterprise log tools such as Splunk.
- Knowledge of Guidewire PolicyCenter, BillingCenter and ClaimCenter advantageous.
- Experience in Automating and orchestrating tasks to improve performance and stability of systems using a variety of tools.
Posted 27 days ago