Maths and English Sessional Tutor
£15.00 - £18.00 per hour
What will I be doing?
As a recovery college tutor you will be leading English and/or Maths sessions and drop in activities in English or Maths studies. You will be guided by the values of the Recovery College and at its heart and encourage participation from all learners.
We need tutors who can help our clients improve their functional skills; this could include supporting clients in their speaking, listening, reading, writing and or maths skills. You will assist clients in a number of possible ways, in a classroom based setting or more informally, i.e. one to one or in a drop in setting.
Our clients are eager to learn but they sometimes lack the skills and confidence to do so. Your willingness to teach and support them will make a real difference to their lives. You will be part of our wider work in supporting clients to gain access to further education opportunities and employment.
Teaching experience in English, Maths or ESOL studies acquired in an adult education or other relevant setting.
- A degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent, demonstrable and recent experience.
A teaching qualification or working towards one.
- An understanding of the values and practice of inclusive education and learnercentred methodologies.
Willingness to work flexibly and to adapt materials and teaching methodologies to suit the needs and learning styles of a diverse cohort of learners
- Plenty of patience and belief in the potential of others we need you to be supportive in engaging with clients in improving their quality of life.
- Strong communication skills to inspire and support individuals in their own learning and to build their motivation
Understanding of the causes of homelessness and its impact.
- Ability to work with people who may have offending behaviour, substance use and/or mental health, with sensitivity and respect. We particularly welcome applicants with experience of using and moving on from support services.
Willingness to attend training and to develop you in your role.
- Willingness to perform some administrative task and comply with educational paperwork.
What support will I receive?
- Induction training to prepare you to volunteer and access to additional training
- Regular support from the Recovery Hub Team
- Out of pocket travel expenses will be reimbursed.
If you believe you re suitable for this position please give Anna a call on######### or#########
Posted 5 days ago