Laboratory Analyst /Laboratory Technician /Laboratory Assistant
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: Laboratory Analyst
Location: Sittingbourne, Kent
Salary: Competitive dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a multiaward winning UK manufacturer, including three prestigious Queens Awards for Enterprise in Innovation and numerous industry accolades and one of the fastest growing brands in the central heating industry. Their success is built on innovation and quality products; they are currently working towards a future where every heating and cooling system is protected from corrosion; saving money, energy and time across the globe.
Their Laboratory currently offers the industrys best water testing service, delivering a same day turnaround for testing domestic heating water, all with the backing of UKAS accreditation to ISO 17025. The lab also carries out significant project development work on a range of products including their market leading chemicals. Since 2017 the lab has significantly expanded its offering by extending water testing to the commercial heating sector.
Purpose of the Role:
The Microbiology Assistant will work together with the Microbiology Team to carry out water testing to specific SOPs and ensure all quality control procedures are followed to ensure the validity of results.
The individual should have enthusiasm for science and wish to develop technically to understand the risks associated with microbiological contamination including Legionella for domestic purposes and the prevention of corrosion of heating and chilled water systems.
The Microbiology Analyst will play an active part in method validation, implementing novel techniques and methodologies to offer the highest quality of service to clients.
- Ensuring that all samples received in the laboratory are correctly recorded and processed to client requirements within the appropriate time frame
- Familiar with the regulatory requirements specific to the laboratory and ensures all users are in compliance with those standards
- Assist in maintaining the laboratory accreditation to ISO 17025
- Assist ensuring that all instrumentations/equipment is functioning properly to enable confidence in results generated
- Apply health and safety and quality standards as required by the Company, statutory legislation and external customer requirements
- Ensure that all customer contractual terms are met, and that laboratory processes comply with quality standards implemented
- Promote best practice throughout the laboratory, in terms of quality driven laboratory production
- Support the development, implementation and optimal use of our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and ensure the efficient usage at all levels of the laboratory to improve productivity and profitability
- Assist in the review, update and improvement on existing methods and the development of new methods that will bring benefit to the company
- Carry out any reasonable duties as specified by the line manager
- Be flexible to the requirements of the business, which may involve variations of shift patterns for both start times and days of work
The work involves a wide variety of advanced level scientific and technical tasks. The successful candidate must be flexible, keen and comfortable with working alone under own initiative with a high degree of autonomy & maturity, and within a team. Good communication skills both verbal and written are essential.
You will need the following skills and knowledge:
- Qualification to Degree or higher in Microbiology / Environmental Science or equivalent, or appropriate
- To have excellent communication skills.
- To be able to work within set targets and goals, and be able to manage expectations
- To be able to work well in a team, with an open, honest and approachable character
- To have a good eye for detail
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Please note: This vacancy may close early if it receives a particularly high volume of applications. If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, do not delay.
Due to the large volume of applications, it is not always possible to reply personally with a detailed response on every occasion. Therefore, if you have not heard anything within 14 days of submitting your application, please assume that it has not been successful at this time.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and they welcome all applications.
No agencies please.
Candidates with experience of: Lab Technician, Laboratory Technician, Lab Assistant, Senior Laboratory Assistant, Laboratory Engineer, Laboratory Assistant, Lab Technician, Laboratory Tech, Lab Tech, Science Graduate, Chemistry Graduate, Graduate Lab Tech, Science Technician, Scientific Assistant will also be considered for this role.
Posted 120 days ago