Maths, English & Science Tutor on Saturdays (Job code BD-MES)
£10 to £15 per hour
Job summary: As part of our community-based learning project, we require a committed and enthusiastic tutor to teach KS1-4 Maths, English and/or Science to a group of children in Bradford (BD7 area). 1 hour of your time will be required every Saturday morning.
Positions also available in Leeds and Bradford.
As a tutor you will be required to: Manage a group of students attending classes at our learning centre Plan lessons based on the students’ requirements Prepare your classroom with any materials and/or equipment you require before the lesson commences Deliver lessons to the group as well as provide individual support to the students Leave all classrooms clean and tidy Provide ad hoc support to other teachers (if and when necessary) Ensure your subject knowledge is current and up-to-date.
The duration for which your assistance is required will very much depend on the requirements of the children. This may turn out to be a very short-term project (several weeks) or may be extended over a longer period (months) throughout the academic year.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- An opportunity to work with children in your area and provide benefit to the community.
- Gain valuable teaching experience in a classroom environment.
- Add value to your CV.
- A valid DBS certificate (or we can help you obtain one if you are successful in joining our team).
- Tutoring experience of some kind is preferable.
- Must have good working knowledge of the subject you wish to teach.
- PGCE students and other undergraduates are welcome to apply.
Additional 1-2 hours of work available for tutors who are able to teach English and Science.
How to apply:
- Complete the online tutor form: https://www.educatefirst.co.uk/tutors
- Please quote job code BD-MES.
Deadline: Open until position filled. Starting date: ASAP.
Posted 25 days ago