Welshpool, Powys, Wales
£30k - 35k per year
Recruit4staff are proud to be representing their client, a leading engineering company in their search for a SHEQ Coordinator based in Welshpool
For the successful SHEQ Coordinator our client is offering:
- Salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (D.O.E)
- Days Monday-Thursday with an early finish Friday (40 hour week)
- Permanent position
- Overtime available at 1.5
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays (rising to 30 days after years of service)
- Company pension scheme
- Medical and healthcare plan
The role - SHEQ Coordinator:
- Familiarisation with all processes and products within the manufacture base and associated installation procedures.
- Familiarisation with current legislation, regulations, best practice and commercial requirements to effectively manage risk control. This includes current CDM regulations.
- Risk assessment of individual internal operations for development and preparation of SSoW's in association with operational personnel and managers.
- Company induction training for all personnel.
- Accident and near miss investigation and reporting - including notification of relevant authorities. Highlighting areas for corrective and preventative action.
- Control of sub-contractors on premises in partnership with relevant departments and managers.
- Assist in monitoring training requirements throughout the manufacturing and office areas.
- Management of ISO9001, ISO45001 and ISO14001 (and any other future accreditations) to an auditable standard. Facilitate and provide assistance for external audits of installation operations.
- Continual site monitoring for hazards - including (but not limited to):- Environmental Hazards - Noise - COSHH - HAVS - Asbestos - Workstation assessments.
- Delivery of training in agreed / competent areas.
- Undertake audits on both internal and supplier operations in line with audit schedule within IMS
- Maintain critical equipment matrix and audit compliance with associated departments.
- Welding inspection and testing.
- Attendance of seminars/exhibitions/ external / client and Group meetings and external supplier audits as required.
- Assist in the development of procedures, policies, and documentation in line with legislative and continual improvement changes.
- Assist with additional SHEQ departmental duties as requested.
- Production of analytical and cost support data to evaluate performance to a predetermined set of KPI's.
- Maintenance and uploading of information on to business management computer systems both internally and externally.
- Take reasonable instructions from other Heads of Departments and Directors.
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance
- Adhere to, and ensure compliance with, existing and future Company Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental systems, policies and procedures.
What our client is looking for in a SHEQ Coordinator:
- Ability to cope with technical information
- Excellent numerical, literacy & ICT skills
- Full UK Driving license
- Commitment to personal development and further training - NEBOSH training Is preferred
- Ability to work both as part of a team and to operate independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to use own initiative and to prioritise a demanding workload
- Understanding of, and commitment to Health & Safety, Quality & Environmental aspects
Key skills or similar Job titles:
Health & Safety Engineer / Health & Safety Coordinator / HSE / Quality Engineer / SHEQ
Welshpool / Newtown / Oswestry / Ellesmere / Wrexham / Shrewsbury / Wem / Ludlow
For further information about this and other positions please apply now.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff who are operating as a recruitment agency, agent, agencies, employment agency or employment business.
Posted 47 days ago