Maintenance operative - care home - Didcott - Part-time
Didcot, Oxfordshire, England
Permanent (Part time)
· PPE provided
· Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career.
· Enhanced pay for working Christmas, Boxing Day, and New Year's Day.
· Excellent Induction and 6 weekly formal supervision with line manager
The safety of our Service users/staff and premises is the utmost priority for Allied Care. The role of the general maintenance operative is to ensure that the premises and grounds are maintained to a high standard. As our Maintenance operative, you'll be a valuable member of our friendly, close-knit region, promoting the well-being of our service users and the successful running of our care home.
This role covers several services within the region of Didcott.
The ideal candidate will have maintenance experience in a social care and health care setting, and have good literacy and numeracy skills. A qualification in one aspect of maintenance (. plumbing), would be preferred, but not essential as full training given. The ideal candidate will have a general knowledge of all aspects of household maintenance, and be able to identify when an outside contractor is required and advise accordingly.
This is a part-time contract Monday - Friday with some element of emergency on-call expected to include paid call-outs if necessary. 8 hours contract, one day a week.
You will be working jointly with the Home Managers to ensure that our homes are maintained to the highest of standards. Your responsibilities will include -
* Liaise with homes managers to prioritise and complete maintenance tasks.
* General care home maintenance (moving of furniture, mowing/weeding, clearing drains and soil pipes, painting and decorating, and hanging pictures. Mending leaks. Changing taps. Includes ladder work.
* Ensure all ventilation units and lights are kept clean. Replace any defective light bulbs/diffusers
* Liaise with Home Manager or delegated Staff Member regarding maintenance work to be carried out
* Ensure all equipment used by the maintenance operative is clean and well maintained
* Checking control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
* Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
* Install appliances and equipment
* Check functionality of safety systems
* Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems
* Record keeping for tasks identified and completed
* Manage a small maintenance budget and keep records of expenditure
* The above list is not exhaustive
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent, Fixed term
Salary: £-£ per hour
* Casual dress
* Company pension
* Discounted or free food
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* On-site parking
* Store discounts
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
We have trained staff who are able to complete onsite COVID testing for all staff and service users on a regular basis
* maintenance: 1 year (preferred)