Competitive plus benefits
Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit a number of Trainee Network Construction Operatives, to work on the tRIIO contract in the East Midlands, based in Leicester, Nottingham or Sheffield.
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
The tRIIO JV partnership is an unincorporated joint venture between Morrison Utility Services Ltd and Skanska Construction UK Ltd. tRIIO supports Cadent in upgrading 1,100 kilometres of gas supply network every year.
What you will learn:
- Gas distribution pipe laying and engineering skills
- To assist with the location and avoidance of underground structures
- To assist with signing, lighting and guarding of works
- To assist with the excavation and reinstatement of excavations and trenches
- Working as part of a team, customer service skills and safe working techniques
On successful completion of the training you will:
- Have been awarded the ‘Certificate in Network Construction Operations Gas Level 1 (NCO1)
- Be registered with the Energy and Utility Skills Register (EUSR) database
- Be gaining experience within one of our teams delivering this programme of works forCadent Gas
- Be working towards the ‘Network Construction Operations Gas Level 2 Service Laying’ qualification
Skills and Knowledge required:
- To be living close to and available to work in Leicester, Nottingham, Sheffield and surrounding area and willing to travel to site or to an agreed meeting point
- To be in possession of a Full UK Driving License
- Be physically fit and good with your hands as these roles can be physically demanding, involve bending, lifting and manual handling so a basic level of fitness is important to be able to conduct the job efficiently
- To respect the rules laid down for the safe operation of works ensuring you can follow process and comply with elements of work, including the wearing of PPE and breathing apparatus if required (this will require you to be clean shaven)
- Be prepared for outdoor working conditions which may be hot or cold, wet and dirty
- To understand that working hours and travel are not always predictable, you therefore need to be adaptable and flexible, overtime working may be
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Potential Incentive Scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- All tools and equipment provided Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
‘M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Posted 37 days ago