Public Service Vehicle Fitter
Pay – Starting from £10/hr
Working hours Mon •Sunday
Flexible working hours (including weekends)
Our client a leading travel company, is now looking for a Public Service Vehicle Fitter to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Carry out inspections and repairs on company vehicles and complete associated paperwork
- Prepare vehicles for annual test above DVSA standards and complete associated paperwork
- Carry Out Vehicle Servicing
- Light Welding, Heating & Cutting if qualified
- Carry out minor electrical repairs.
- Carry out minor body repairs.
- The driving of the fitter’s vehicle
- Recovery of vehicles and carry out vehicle change overs
- Carry out first use checks & inspections and complete any associated paperwork
- Carry out wheel nut Inspections and complete any associated paperwork
- Drive company vehicles, where qualified and perform associated tasks as directed
- Be a proactive positive team member.
- Be flexible and be able to adapt to the companies needs when requested.
- To carry out all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- To handle vehicles and any other Company equipment with due care and attention.
- To ensure that the vehicles are serviced at the highest possible standard and that the instructions of the Senior Engineer in this respect are carried out.
- In the event of breakdowns, accidents, changeovers, to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers and to cooperate with Police, DVSA and Local Authorities.
- To ensure that equipment and cleaning materials are not abused and any faults reported to management
- To ensure compliance with the Factories Act, Health and Safety at Work Act or any other Acts, rules or regulations which the company adheres to.
- To ensure the compliance of the companies policies and procedures at all times.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Level 2 NVQ or equivalent in mechanics or relevant working experience.
- Valid UK driving licence required.
- PCV Driving licence is an asset.
- Knowledge of DVSA requirements.
Posted 15 days ago