Group Purchasing Manager - Newhaven BN9 | Zoek UK
Group Purchasing Manager
Newhaven BN9, UK
£50000.00 - £55000.00 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
Group Purchasing Manager.
Please ensure you read the below overview and requirements for this employment opportunity completely.
Would you be interested in working for a heavily expanding global manufacturing business? Would you like to be employed by a company who put an emphasis on a healthy work / life balance? If the answers are yes, then we have a great opportunity for you! One of the main purposes of the role is to develop, manage and optimise the purchasing supply chain across the group.
Overseeing and consolidating the activities of this procurement function across sites to support all manufacturing facilities purchasing needs.
Responsibility for the direction of the materials management and purchasing function to achieve world-class service and inventory goals.
Group Purchasing Manager duties include:
- Establishing and maintaining measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities, including supplier performance, internal production order placement and material shortage elimination.
- Accountability for day-to-day purchasing activities ensuring customers’ needs are delivered in budget and within our agreed supplier SLA requirements.
- Strategically review and improve current high cost and long lead time procurement items; specifically, electronics and raw materials.
- Utilising own commercial skillset to deliver profit through more than just price negotiations.
- Hands-on management in developing and delivering category strategies, including negotiation, managing suppliers, strategic sourcing, managing risk and considering technology opportunities.
- Development of current system processes, including inventory management, WIP locations and finished good profile, re-order points and safety stock opportunities.
Group Purchasing Manager criteria:
- Minimum 5 years purchasing /operational experience at a senior level.
- Extensive background in managing supplier performance in a manufacturing environment.
- International Sourcing (including the Far East)
- Good knowledge of a manufacturing based ERP System.
- Experience in Injection Moulding and Electronics Industry is desirable but not essential.
Hours of Work:
- 5pm Monday to Friday Group Purchasing Manager
- Company Benefits: Premium Healthcare Scheme, Death-in-Service benefit, 6% Pension, 23 days holiday + bank holiday, Free Tea & Coffee, Free Parking, Training and Development Opportunities
Posted 7 days ago