ICT Helpdesk Technician
£21000 - £24500 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the education sector who has an amazing reputation. They have over 250 people providing specialist teaching, social care, therapies and nursing care. It is a rewarding place to work within a supportive environment.
My client can offer an outstanding opportunity to learn from senior, knowledgeable members of staff, and a proven career path with fantastic benefits and an even better working environment! Sound good? Apply today!
The ICT Helpdesk Technician role:
This is an extremely varied and interesting role to assist in the management and development of the schools network and infrastructure.
* You will be required to support staff in multiple locations across Kent.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities for the ICT Helpdesk Technician role:
* Providing remote and onsite technical support assisting users with various IT issues
* Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting third party software products; installing new equipment such as desktop computers, laptops, tablets and mobile phones
* Preparing and supporting staff training sessions on Windows 10 and Office 365
* You will also have the opportunity to get involved in various projects within the school.
* Manage computer hardware, software and systems within the school
* Provide technical support on the school network
* Carry out regular backup protocols
* Provide advice to teachers and staff on appropriate equipment
* Enable internet connectivity on school machines and troubleshoot when required
* Troubleshoot faults on school laser printers
* Ensure all faults are managed and monitored to ensure timely resolution
* Perform equipment audits
* Maintain the IT equipment
What youll need to succeed as the ICT Helpdesk Technician:
* Due to the nature of the position YOU ARE required to have a full driving licence with your own vehicle expenses are paid for
* Experience working within an IT Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer or an IT Technical Support position
* Hands on knowledge of Windows Server 20082016.
* Level 2 Diploma or equivalent
* Server Management / LAN and Wireless Networks
* Previous experience of working with SCCM
* MCSA / MCSE certified
* Working on a helpdesk, call logging, updating and reporting
* Desirable: CompTIA, Cisco and ITIL certification, SEN Software, ISAMS, SIMS, FMS, Spiceworks as well as Project Management experience.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you havent heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
YourRecruit Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Posted 12 days ago