Mildenhall, Suffolk, England
£9.81 per hour
Unspecified (Full time)
* *Hours: - 37 per week (Full or Part Time hours available)*
* *See below for shift patterns information *
Great opportunities are available now to join the Suffolk County Council (SCC) Home First Team as a Support Worker, working from various locations across Suffolk.
*Are you passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of the most vulnerable people in Suffolk?*
*Would you like to work in an incredibly varied, challenging and rewarding role?*
Home First is our in-house care and reablement support service in the council, which supports the most vulnerable people in Suffolk.
As part of our service, you would help us assist people to regain and maintain their independence, allowing them to remain living in their own homes for longer.
*In this role, you will: *
* create and maintain positive relationships with customers and family carers
* promote health, wellbeing and independence to the customer
* develop the independence of customers through care plans / short term enablement plans
* provide general advice and guidance to customers to help them to make informed choices
* at times, assist customers with dignified and intimate personal care needs
* engage with customers, family carers and others to promote alternative ways to meet and maintain their long-term needs
* promote a range of services to help people live independently and safely at home
* monitor customers' progress against care plans and complete records for the ongoing review process.
*We will offer you: *
* paid mileage (45p) and travel time
* free uniform
* free DBS check
* free induction training
* free training including Care Certificate and Level 2 Health and Social Care qualification
* guaranteed hours at either full time, part time or bank hours
* excellent rates of pay including enhanced rates for bank holidays
* refer a friend bonus (T&Cs apply)
* a mobile phone
* a wide range of benefits including; local authority pension, childcare vouchers, high street discounts, and car lease scheme (T&Cs apply).
*Working patterns: *
* A variety of contracts are available from hours - 37 hours per week, worked on an early, late shift rota including alternate weekends
* Bank flexible contracts are also available
* Evening and/or weekend working only is available on some contracts.
*Travelling requirements for your role*
Frequent Travel Essential - We positively encourage the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role, you will need to travel, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means. If you require a reasonable adjustment due to a disability to meet the travel requirements of this role, please speak with the contact detailed below.
*For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Kimmy Johnson on######### or Tracy Anderson on#########
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.
Reference ID: 752a
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £ per hour
* social care: 1 year (preferred)
* full and current driving licence (required)
* Day shift (preferred)
* Night shift (preferred)
* Overnight shift (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
* 100% (preferred)