Experienced Primary Teaching Assistant
Temporary (Full time)
- Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for immediate work?
- Have you the enthusiasm and confidence to support children in a wide range of contexts?
- Can you you provide referable experience commenting on your ability to work with children?
The Educate Group would like to hear from experienced Teaching Assistants who have relevant primary sector experience. We work with a large proportion of primary schools across Wrexham who urgently need Teaching Assistants for a range of short and long term placements across the Foundation Stage and Key Stage 2.
If you are considering a career in teaching, this is an excellent opportunity to gain real-life, practical classroom experience; enhancing your chances of securing a PGCE place with Educate Teacher Training or another provider.
Who are the Educate Group?
The Educate Group is 'Run by Teachers for Teachers' . We're passionate in what we do and this is reflected in the genuine, independent advice and guidance we share through a combined 50 years actual teaching, youth work and senior leadership experience .
The Educate Group have been awarded the status as a 'Preferred Supplier' for Teachers and School Support staff. This forms part of the new National Procurement Service (NPS) Framework for Wales and takes effect from August 2019.
We appreciate our teams' on-going and ever-changing needs and requirements, which form part of our commitment to finding you a role that works for you!
You will join a company who appreciate the time and dedication needed to develop and nurture their staff . You will immediately notice how we work differently and this is reflected in how you're treated and made to feel welcome.
What will I be expected to do?
- Support schoolwork under the supervision of the Teacher
- Encourage children's confidence, self-esteem and independence
- Help children understand instructions, through repetition, re-phrasing or demonstrating
- Put into practice individual education, social, behavioural and personal care programmes
- Encourage children to communicate with one another and with staff
- Recognise signs of distress in children and offering reassurance
- Attend to pupils' physical needs
- Assist in the monitoring of pupils progress and help record achievement/progress as directed.
What qualifications and experience do I need for this role?
- Clear and Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Registration with the Educational Workforce Council (EWC) - (only applies in Wales)
- NVQ/CACHE/BTEC Level 1, 2 or 3 or Higher Level Teaching Assistant (preferable)
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies (preferable)
- Strong interpersonal and classroom management skills
- An interest in teaching and supporting children
- Referable experience relating to working with children (mandatory)
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
What will the Educate Group provide me with?
- Mentoring and support from our own team of dedicated Teachers and Senior Leaders
- Free Cover Supervisor training from our own experienced team of staff
- 24 hours on-call helpline
- A choice of day to day, short/long-term and permanent opportunities
- Discounted 'Teacher Training' opportunities
- Free social events as a way of saying 'Thank You'
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or be eligible to apply for a relevant work visa
- The Educate Group are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its schools
- As a matter of courtesy, the Educate Group aim to respond to all applications within 3 - 7 working days
- All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay
We would love you to become part of the 'Educate Team' where you will be afforded all the time, training, mentoring and opportunities to develop your career as a Teaching Assistant.
If you are interested in knowing more about the Educate Group and the opportunities that exist, feel free to contact one of our Teachers on#########
Posted 139 days ago