Permanent (Full time)
We’re a multi award-winning team expanding the online bookable campsite and holiday park market where only 30% are bookable online. And we want another expert to join us.
We're looking for an ambitious and talented data scientist to join our team managing double/triple-digit annual growth. We’re all about collaboration – you’ll gain direct experience of the rapid evolution of a high-profile growth company, working alongside other experts in an apolitical, friendly environment, and report to the managing director.
Pitchup.com is the market leading online booking site for campsites and caravan parks, with 20m annual visits and over 3,000 sites available in 47 countries.
More Brits go camping and caravanning than holiday in Spain and Greece combined, and the market is booming as Brits switch to domestic holidays. We're now expanding globally to capture more of the 1bn night global camping market.
A Deloitte Technology 'Fast 50' winner in 2016, Pitchup.com receives up to 115,000 visits and 2,500 bookings per day. The company is profitable and was founded in 2009 by former lastminute.com staff with a background in the holiday park sector.
Features we've developed recently include our award-winning mobile site (https://m.pitchup.com/?mobler-override=1) and advanced compare tool (http://bit.ly/2tfI3nJ). Behind the scenes we’ve built many features to help campsite owners manage their vacancies, via extranet or API, and encourage them to sign up.
We’re based at The Light Box off the Chiswick High Road (nearest tube/train Gunnersbury, Kew Bridge) and are a lively friendly team with bags of experience. We want someone similar to join us – is that you?
What you might be working on:
- improving our understanding of customer lifetime value
- identifying highest-priority regions for new supply
- making recommendations on ad spend allocation and helping maintain certain channels
- enhancing our prioritisation and planning processes
- multi-variate testing
- 'owning' analytics in the organisation and handling ad-hoc requests from team members
- excellent academic record in a numerate/scientific discipline from a top university
- experience in ecommerce, consulting or similar
- strong Python, AWS and SQL experience, including manipulating large datasets
- keen to get involved in a hands-on way, suggesting new feature ideas and always on the lookout for the next growth/optimisation opportunity
- a fan of agile working practices – you get things done and aren't fazed by rapid change and competing priorities
- exacting, detail-orientated approach
- a quick-on-the-uptake problem solver
Backend stack:Python / Postgres
Salary:Competitive salary plus pension match up to 3%, critical illness cover, group income protection and Vitality (https://www.vitality.co.uk/health-insurance/) private medical insurance.
Contract applicants will also be considered.
Questions about the role before applying? Let's talk - contact us (https://www.pitchup.com/about/contact/).
Posted 112 days ago