London, Greater London, England
£38k - 42k per year
Salary: £38 - 42K, DoE
Job type: Permanent
Globe Business Media Group are an award-winning global provider of legal content and business intelligence for the legal and intellectual property markets. We create essential and unique information for our subscribers, who are drawn from over 100 countries around the world, via our global brands. With a strong platform for international growth, and a reputation for creating outstanding content, we can offer individuals an intellectually stimulating work environment that puts global legal and intellectual property issues at the heart of our business.
Are you interested in providing global law firms and leading businesses with critical business intelligence on how legal news, developments and disruptive trends are driving their industries and are likely to shape future market development? Or how new technology will disrupt the existing market?
Are you analytically minded, good with numbers yet retain the creativity to resolve the conflicts between multiple information sources? Do you have great written communication skills and the aptitude to translate complex findings into clear commercial directives via business intelligence reports and products? Can you take a complex brief and work with stakeholders across a business to translate the brief into a deliverable product or service that will add significant value to clients?
This role will work with the Director of Content Development and the wider LBR brand teams to design new products and services, build them with a combination of on-shore and off-shore staff and deliver them successfully to clients.
Responsibilities of the Senior Analyst:
- Performing daily industry reading to enhance knowledge
- Demonstrating an understanding of industry trends, both within categories and at a macro level - and able to articulate views clearly and with authority
Project Support & Execution
- Shaping and leading projects to build new products and services
- Working with brand owners, technology and off-shore teams to create project plans
- Manage projects to achieve agreed milestones, keeping stakeholders up to date and maintaining budget and time commitments
- Lead the production of written content, mainly delivered in PowerPoint, but also in Microsoft Word where necessary
- Content should convey an aura of authority and is expected to deliver new insights to the reader
- Data inputs (chiefly from surveys, market data, and government data) are used competently to enhance the story and provide a unique understanding
- Responding to client queries in a timely and helpful manner, with strong analytical interpretation included
- Frequently liaising with the sales team, helping to co-ordinate the additional support they require (either by supporting yourself or effectively delegating)
Commercial Understanding & Support
- Showing an understanding of how the proposition fits together, how we position ourselves to clients, and therefore what they find valuable. Contributing to discussions on commercial strategy
- Helping Sales & Marketing with questions, usually on content you have authored
- You are expected to be able to join client calls or join in on-site meetings (either assisting a pitch to a prospect or presenting to existing clients) and be recognised as a valuable asset in this area
Mentoring & Leadership
- Acting as a role model to other team members, in terms of attitude, engagement, and quality of work
Requirements of the Senior Analyst:
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of business intelligence/data driven analysis essential
- Prior experience of working in the legal market or support services to the legal sector an advantage.
- Excellent written English, with other language skills a bonus.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- The ability to draw meaningful conclusions from data and translate into clear, actionable recommendations.
- Ability to translate product requirements into database specifications and process documents
- A curious mindset and willingness to engage with the industry is crucial to excelling in the role.
- Confident communication skills.
- Prior experience of managing projects and teams
Benefits of becoming the Senior Analyst:
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Gym membership
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Senior Analyst, then please apply now!
Posted 30 days ago