Test Engineer - Derby DE1 | Zoek UK
Test Engineer - Rolling stock
Derby DE1, UK
Permanent (Full time)
Our offer Altran is looking to recruit a number of Test Engineers to join our UK’s Rail Engineering business during a period of rapid growth.
Please make sure you read the following details carefully before making any applications.
You will be accountable to lead test engineers and the WP team for test execution.
Your role Working with major UK and European rolling stock manufacturers, you will be instrumental in building a new business with global, world-class engineering capability and enabling our clients to be at the cutting edge of innovation.
You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment and comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of both the customer and Altran businesses.
Due to the nature of the assignments undertaken by Altran you will work in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative, requiring a flexible attitude.
Above all, you will have a desire to progress.
- Lead the pre-test brief and post-test debrief sessions.
- Define responsibilities for the Test Team & the Work Package (Test Participants) in the execution of the Test spec.
- Ensure the safety of all Test Participants at all times.
- Ensure test train readiness prior to test (configuration, walk-around, inspection).
- Ensure RSIs are understood by all Test Participants.
- Ensure issues raised during test are written in the database during shift
- Review the quality of the Test Spec (or test procedure) at the end of each Test.
- Lead shift handover meetings.
- Track & compile all test activities during shift in the Test Log.
Your profile Qualifications and Technical Skills
- HNC Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other relevant experience.
- Previous experience of rolling stock engineering projects is essential
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Knowledge and Experience
- You will have strong problem solving and analytical skills, be a good communicator (written and verbal), have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build rapport with others, be self-motivated and able to use initiative, be organised with good time management and prioritisation
- Demonstrable presentation skills