Cambridgeshire - This Area Only
Fixed day rate
Time for Teeth are currently seeking a fully qualified Dentist to work within HMP Whitemoor in Cambridgeshire.
Working for Time for Teeth LTD you will be based within the prison service providing a full range of NHS care and treatment to patients.
Our Ideal candidate is enthusiastic, friendly and highly motivated. You will be able to work closely with other members of staff as well as being able to work off your own initiative. You will put your patients first and have a compassionate approach to dealing with all types of people. Good communication and a strong work ethic are all essential in this role.
Salary: Fixed day rate
Days/Hours: 2 days per week
Please note successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and security vetting prior to employment commencing. To be considered for this position please submit a full CV and covering letter. Responsibilities and Duties
- Provideadvice and treatments in accordance with the GDC, FGDP, BSP and SCDEP guidance
- To be responsible for the overall delivery of patient care
- To provide key messages relating to Oral Health (DeliveringBetter Oral Health Tool Kit)
- Treatpatients in line with local policies and procedures
- Ensure HTM01-05 is followed
- Providing appropriate level of supervision to dentalcare professional (DCP) staff
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Ensure thewelfare of all patients
- Be familiarand comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH,WHTM-01-05 (WHTM-01-05 in Wales) and appropriate waste disposal etc
- Liaison with prison health care and admin providers to ensure smooth patientcare
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed by the FGDP and local policies
- Engage in all aspects of healthcare governance at apersonal and organisational level.
- Befamiliar and comply with the CQC/HIW regulations
- Complete daily tool count
- Toperform routine clerical duties, e.g. appointment book management
- Tocheck and complete daily tasks on systm one
- Tomanage secondary care referrals.
- To manage DNAs and complete letters where appropriate to do so.
- Tomanage patient complaints
- Toreport, file and log incidents as required
- Toundergo training as required to develop your skills and abilities
- Toassist with staff induction, training and peer review
- To keepECPD up to date
Qualifications and Skills
- GDC Registered
- 2 years post qualified
- Dental Indemnity Insurance
- Valid NHS performer number
Salary and Benefits
- A fixed day rate based on 7 hours with no UDA targets
- Opportunity to work within an established and growing company
- The chance to experience a new dental working environment
- No lab bills to pay
- Fantastic career progression opportunities into clinical lead roles
Posted 16 days ago