Primary School Teaching Assistant
£55 - £60 per day
Have you ever wanted to work in a classroom environment but not known where to start?
Randstad are looking for a teaching assistant to provide cover on a flexible basis for a network of schools in Preston and the surrounding areas. This is your opportunity to work within a number of schools on a cover basis, and have a great impact on the early academic stage of these childrens lives.
As Classroom Support you will be generally working 1:1 or with a small group, so traits of empathy, positivity and encouragement is necessary.
With Randstad, you will join an established team, have the valued support of your own consultant and be able to control where and when you work with our new phone App.
- A brilliant way to start or advance your career
- Tailor your own working days to support your personal commitments
- Opportunity to work in a variety
- Competitive rates of pay
- A dedicated personal consultant to work with and support you throughout
- Great potential for longterm placements if desired
- 24/7 oncall service
- Supporting children, often on a 1:1 basis or in small groups
- Behaviour management where necessary
- Helping children to understand their work
- Engaging children in their development through feedback
- Provide a safe environment for both staff and children
What are we looking for?
- 12 months prior experience working in an environment with children
- Behaviour management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An enthusiastic and motivated outlook to inspire
- Experience working on a 1:1 basis with children desired
- Experience working with children with SEN (desired but not necessary)
- Up to date DBS check (we can provide if not obtainable)
- Level 2 or 3 in Teaching and Learning Support (or equivalent) desired, however all applications will be read and considered
Posted 37 days ago