Human Resources Advisor
Glan Y Don, Abergele Road, Colwyn Bay LL29 8AW, United Kingdom
Think of Iceland and you think of frozen food… And rightly so – it’s been the driving force behind our brand for 49 years. But did you know that we’re also the most innovative food retailer in the UK operating across chilled and ambient categories too, and the winner of multiple awards for our products, service and the way we treat our employees?
We are looking for a HR Advisor for a interim full time contract with the potential to become permanent.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To support the HR service in delivering a high quality, proactive and efficient HR service providing reliable, legally and policy compliant HR support / guidance as well as coaching managers building capability to make effective and considered decisions.
- Act as a fully participating member of the HR Advisory Services team supporting HR and liaising and developing effective working relationships with wider stakeholders.
- Responsible for providing pragmatic HR advice and guidance on Iceland policies, procedures and best practice in a risk managed way using commercial acumen.
- Advise Line Managers on the management of their team, advising of appropriate next steps agreed actions.
- Reviewing letters/ documents in readiness for formal hearings and providing feedback to Line Managers where appropriate.
- Reviewing and amending where required, investigation reports for gross misconduct allegations prior to formal disciplinary proceedings taking place
- Ensure all SLAs are met / exceeded.
- Ensure all case management details are recorded accurately on the Case Management System and that cases are managed pro-actively and driven through to conclusion.
- Undertake HR related assignments and projects as identified by HR Adviceline Manager as appropriate.
- Work autonomously, on delegated work areas and where appropriate seek advice from senior colleagues when required.
- Advising on but not limited to: Investigations, disciplinary including dismissal, grievance, B&H, complex absence, right to work in the UK and managing performance.
- Competent standard of employment law and legislation knowledge.
- Confident to communicate with people at all levels, with a style that is clear, engaging, coaching and collaborative.
- Ideally CIPD qualified Level 5 or 7.
- At least 3 years’ experience of confidently operating in an HR advisory role within a complex and customer focused environment.
- Solid evidenced experience in the application of company policies and procedures and HR best practice.
- Experience of applying a commercial and pragmatic approach to providing HR risk based solutions to difficult issues that arise within challenging situations.
- Ability to work flexibly in an agile way in order to meet deadlines and respond positively and constructively to feedback.
- Can evidence supporting successful organisational and culture change to create a high performing culture that places the customer at the heart of service delivery.
- Can evidence building capability within a coaching framework.
- Confident operating within a customer facing environment.
- Solid experience in the application of company policies and procedures and HR best practice.
- Proficient with and comfortable using telephony and computer systems, particularly the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc) and web based systems.
- A commercial and pragmatic approach to providing HR solutions to difficult issues that arise within challenging situations.
- Confident to communicate with managers at all levels, with a style that is clear, engaging, coaching and collaborative.
- Driven to continuously improve and to encourage and support colleagues and the Trust to surpass expectations.
- Ability to analyse complex issues and provide practical and creative solutions
- Good literacy standard both verbal and written.
Here at Iceland we offer a very competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package, 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount, a highly subsidised restaurant onsite in our Head Office along with a subsidised costa.
If this sounds like you and you want to come and join the Iceland team then please apply directly and a member of the recruitment team will get back to you!
Posted 2 days ago