Scientific Software Engineer - Life Science
London, Greater London, England
£50k - 75k per year
Scientific Software Engineer - Global Technology Group
Title: Scientific Software Engineer
A world-leading client of mine who are involved in next-generation technology within the life science/medical industry are looking for a self-starting & enthusiastic Scientific Software Engineer to join their reputable development team.
The Scientific Software Engineer will need to have a passion for working on complex scientific problems and make good use of a high level of autonomy, such as developing key technology and time-series data analysis including algorithms, error profile metrics & data visualization methodologies. Along with this, they will need to drive the software through the full life cycle, including software requirements, design, implementation, testing and maintenance using Agile development methodologies.
Scientific Software Engineer Key Requirements:
- C++ or Python programming experience
- Version control (git), issue tracking (Redmine) & continuous integration software (Jenkins)
- Understanding & skills in at least one of the following areas: real-time signal processing, NGS data analysis, optimisation & machine learning
- Confident in a mixed Windows/Linux environment
Desired (not essential):
- Prior experience developing DNA basecalling algorithms
- Scientific packages such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Seaborn
- Working knowledge of advanced libraries such as Boost, Qt, and POCO
- Worked with large data sets: Real time data processing, grid computing
- Deep knowledge of statistical and machine learning methods
Interviews commencing from Monday 29th July
Salary: £50-75,000 + Benefits & Training
There is also the opportunity to work a day or two from home once the probation period has been completed, along with flexible working hours.
If this opportunity is of interest, and you would like to hear more details including the full specification, then please do get in contact with Alex Koivio via email on ######### or alternatively you can apply through this advert.
If you are not interested in this role, but have a friend or colleague that you think would be good for this position and they are successfully placed, you will earn up to £500 referral fee.
Posted 31 days ago