Kingston upon Thames, Surrey
Up to £28500 per annum
VSO is the worlds leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 23 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the worlds poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. Were not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on longlasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
- Role overview
We are looking for a skilled creative designer fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, experienced at producing a broad range of design work for print and digital, and in designing icons and infographics. As VSOs sole designer you will be responsible for producing all creative work for the organisation, managing projects from brief to completion. You will work closely with the Marketing and Communications Project Coordinator to schedule jobs and commission and oversee freelancers where appropriate. You will also support the management, development and guardianship of VSOs visual brand identity. The ideal candidate will have experience designing for a nonprofit organisation, and have excellent communication skills, attention to detail and creative initiative.
- Skills, qualifications and experience
Experienced graphic designer skilled at all Adobe design packages, including creative suite, Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Formal design qualification, (HND/degree)
- Substantial experience of developing a broad range of creative materials across a range of both print and digital channels
- Experience at developing and interpreting creative briefs from a wide range of stakeholders, including those who are not from a creative background
- Good project management skills, including scheduling and managing multiple projects with competing priorities and working to tight deadlines
- Experience at following and developing brand guidelines.
- Experience of commissioning work to suppliers, freelancers and printers
- Sound knowledge of print and production techniques
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
* Ability to be open minded and respectful
* Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
* Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
* Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce. We also offer a range of benefits, including;
* A friendly and supportive office environment
* Opportunities for flexible working and working from home
* Generous annual leave of 37 days (inclusive of public holidays)
* Employee and Volunteer Assistance Programme
* Season Ticket Loan
* Additional Leave for Parents and Carers
* VDU Eye Care Vouchers
Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in the UK, Nairobi or Kenya before you apply.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Posted 12 days ago