HGV Driver C+E Nights
Lutterworth, Leicestershire, England
£Competitive + benefits
A busy and fast paced business with great benefits, and plenty of opportunities for career progression join BSS as a Driver and share our success and good times with a hard-working, friendly bunch of people.
Driving a 26 ton rigid vehicle youll deliver and collect our palletised products, including some site equipment, to and from our branches and suppliers, in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
You will have full responsibility for
- carrying out pre and post shift vehicle checks, maintaining vehicle road worthiness, adhering to EU drivers hours rules, and transport legal compliance
- safeguarding that the vehicle is loaded properly, the load is correctly secured for transportation, and that we meet all road transport and traffic legislation standards
- ensuring that paperwork is completed and accurate records are maintained for all vehicle/goods movements; deliveries and performance
- making 'dead drop deliveries' to the branches on your route when they are closed, taking responsibility for the correct opening, closing and security of the branch while you are on site
- driving the branch fork lift truck to offload & reload your vehicle
This role includes 10pm shift starts Sunday to Thursday nights. You'll be contracted to work 50 hours per week. Any overtime is paid at 1.5 times basic rate, with a guaranteed night shift premium.
Previous LGV Driver experience and possession of an appropriate driving licence (with a maximum of 3 penalty points) plus C+E entitlement, held for a minimum of 2 years is essential. You already have a Driver CPC Qualification Card and a Digital Driver Card. As well as a recognised fork lift counterbalance & reach truck type licence (if these have lapsed, refresher training can be arranged).
Youre also a clear & concise communicator with an organised approach to work. Out on the road, youll be able to work on your own with minimum supervision and have a can do approach to resolving problems.
BSS Industrial are a leading distributor of heating, pipeline, process and mechanical services equipment to the Building Services and Industrial sectors. Established over 100 years ago, we became a part of the Travis Perkins Group in 2010 and now have more than 60 BSS branches, along with a National Distribution Centre at Lutterworth in the East Midlands and a National Tube Distribution Centre in Coventry. We have a wealth of experience in our people - technical support, customer care, product engineering and design along with our market leading own brand - BOSS.
Posted 19 days ago