Futures Scientist - Dorchester | Zoek UK | dc66b5
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Dorchester, Dorset, England
Purpose of Job:
To lead on the development and communication of pan-business science & technology strategies and support implementation from within AEUK's Research and Innovation Division
AEUK's Research and Innovation Division is an agile team engaged in cutting edge research within the underwater battlespace. Working closely with our customers and partners, we are charged with generating options for new capabilities and solutions for the End User through research, collaboration and innovation.
Within the division's Futures Team, we are seeking a scientist with a track record in capability development, who can formulate and communicate supporting science & technology plans. The role includes horizon scanning for new technologies, application of the underwater defence context to filter what is and is not important, conducting deep dives into selected topics to fully understand the landscape, consideration of collaboration strategies and making investment recommendations for technologies and partners.
The role will include formulating and steering a coherent programme of science & technology development, supporting the company strategy and setting AEUK apart from our competitors to create a strong future position for the company.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Qualities Required
* Applicants are expected to be dynamic, innovative, comfortable working in a fast paced environment and have a track record in science & technology in the underwater battlespace
* Interdisciplinary analytical thinker, able to prioritise and filter information to develop strategies and recommendations on future direction
* Record of engaging with internal and external stakeholders to identify future technological needs and to recognise potential business opportunities
* Formation of technology visions, strategies, objectives and actions which could strengthen the company's future market position
* Working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to identify future exploitation opportunities from ongoing research activities
* Wider skills include: a confident communicator (both written and verbal), able to apply context to information and identify critical recommendations, able to facilitate workshops with multiple stakeholders, a genuine interest in policy and technology trends
* Identifying key insights that would offer AEUK a unique edge to meet future customer needs and set the company apart from our competitors
* Translating government policy, technology trends, and stakeholder intelligence to target action and investment within the organisation
* Identifying emergent opportunities from internal and external interactions which align with the company's strategy
* Working directly for the Head of the Research and Innovation Division / Chief Technology Officer
* Evaluating collaboration and investment opportunities with the Business Development Director and Business Development Team
* Working with the Programme Leads within the Submarine Systems Division and Surface Ship Systems Division to understand and influence the demand signal from the customer
* Working with Product Managers to formulate exploitation plans
* Promotes open innovation across AEUK and with partners
* Seeks benefit in collaborative approaches
* Challenges the status quo
* Engages with colleagues in knowledge transfer
* Proactive and flexible in response to stakeholder and company requirements
High level security clearance is required
Travel is likely to be required
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...