PLC Controls Engineer
£30000 - £40000 per annum
My client is looking for a PLC Controls Engineer with a strong electrical design background to join their design team.
The design team currently comprises four staff, three machine / fixture designers and one electrical designer / PLC programmer.
Demand for their machines means that they currently have more design work than they are able to handle and need an additional member of the design team.
Electrical Panel design
- Attend design meetings/reviews of new/revised design proposals
- Prepare layout drawings, design documents (power usage, loads) and specifications; improve and update existing designs to ensure the design meets all relevant health and safety requirement & compliance with European directives
- Create CAD drawings using Engineering Base software and coordinate the design with other parties; prepare drawings for subcontractors both in UK and overseas, carry out liaison work with subcontractors including resolving issues in the design and its interpretation.
- Prepare process / ladder diagrams for programming requirements
- PLC programming typically using Siemens TIA Portal (V13 and above) and S7 1200 series PLC
- Program revisions & upgrades; Documentation and version control of programs
- Ensure programming software appropriate and up to date
- Provide input and advice to the manufacturing / commissioning teams during build and installation of the project onsite
- Using remote access to PLCs/HMIs to provide diagnostic support to service engineers.
Any other duties deemed appropriate within the scope of the role and in line with the candidates skills and experience.
Qualifications & experience
- Academic qualifications of minimum HND, potentially a degree in engineering
- Engineering design experience, ideally in a machine build environment or similar capacity requiring a broad engineering knowledge
- Familiarity with pneumatics, electric motors & electronic control systems
- 5 years minimum experience with PLC programming
- Experience of programming Siemens; Experience of programming Rockwell (Allen Bradley) preferable
- Knowledge of relevant electrical / machine regulations & directives
- Experience in Machine Building would be advantageous
- General computer literacy including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- strongly analytical; good attention to detail and able to develop creative solutions
- selfmotivated; driven to delivering results
- pride in delivering excellence to our customers.
- good communicator; willing to listen and learn
- comfortable working in a small / medium company environment
Red Recruitment (agency)
Posted 26 days ago