Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Wigan, Greater Manchester, England
Permanent (Full time)
Graduate Quantity Surveyor
About our Client
Our client has grown over the last 17 years into one of the most capable and exciting Design & Build enterprises in the Northwest, currently operating in 4 key sectors:
- Commercial and Industrial
- Retail and Leisure
- Public Sector
- Specialist and Bespoke (our Specialist and Bespoke service involves the Design and Manufacture of fitted and loose Joinery products).
They are currently looking to add to their busy commercial team by way of recruiting a Graduate Quantity Surveyor.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Your role will be to assist in a range of tasks in each project:-
- Contracts and Procurement (to monitor and record variations in contracts ascertaining costs involved)
- Measurement (progress recording and valuing the works based upon agreed rates)
- Cost Forecasting (forecasting valuations of Contracts)
- Monitoring profit and loss (producing regular reports to monitor the progress of a contract and monitor factors likely to affect the profitability)
- Client liaison (attend Client progress meetings to keep abreast of any commercial issues)
Key Skills & Qualifications:
To be considered for this role, you will have ideally
- Completed a degree in Quantity Surveying or currently finishing your last year
- A good background knowledge of the Construction Industry is essential
- You must be a hardworking, driven individual with the determination to develop and succeed
- You should also have good organisational skills and computer literate (in particular with Microsoft Excel / Word and Outlook for emails
- A full clean driving licence is essential
As a business, they recognise that their strength lies within their workforce and their recent Investors in People achievement reflects their commitment to people management excellence. They have an expectation that their staff live and believe in their core values:-
- Aspiring to be the best
- Maintaining relationships
- Safe working environment
- Promoting team working
- Exceeding client expectations
- Considering the environment
This is a full-time permanent position to commence ASAP. 45 hrs per week Monday to Friday typically worked between 07.30am - 5.00pm with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break.
Excellent rates of pay, negotiable dependent upon experience and qualifications. They offer a company pension scheme and staff reward and recognition programme. They also encourage and promote continuous professional development for all staff, with no barriers to further training.
How to Apply
Please apply with your CV, no later than Friday 26th 2019 should you wish to be considered for interview.
Posted 120 days ago