Dry Shipping Litigator
Contract (Full time)
Elevate is recruiting a Dry Shipping Litigatorwith 4+ years PQE to work for an International Law firm in London on an initial 2 to 3- month contract.
The successful candidate will be familiar with the effective handling and preparation of cases for court or arbitration in the maritime industry.
- The drafting and reviewing of operational shipping documents including:
- Charterparty agreements.
- Bills of lading.
- Shipbuilding contracts.
You might be the right person if you:
- Have recent experience of dealing with all aspects of vessel arrest in ports around the world.
- Like the sound of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment for a leading International Law Firm.
- Embrace the use of technology tools to facilitate your work.
- Work well independently as well as with teams.
Essential experience and skills for success:
- Global shipping experience.
- Knowledge and past dealings with matters including contractual breaches, infringement of ownership rights, manufacturing defects, insurance and reinsurance matters, portage, commissioning and decommissioning of vessels.
- Dependable, responsive, and committed to producing high quality work.
- Excellent written skills, particularly depicting complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Professionalism in both verbal and written work.
- Excellent listening as well as communication skills and the judgment to know which skill to use in a given setting.
- Qualified Lawyer in France or England & Wales.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
Posted 103 days ago