Nottinghamshire - This Area Only
£285 - £310 per week
Teaching Personnel are looking for a Behaviour Mentor to work with challenging pupils who require 1:1 and 2:1 support. Our schools cater for students with mixed Special Educational Needs including complex needs, Autism, Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties and Learning Difficulties.
These students require staff who can support them with their education, but also within the wider areas of mental health, social, behavioural, physical, medical, sensory, communication and cognitive issues.
We are looking for a versatile and resilient individual who can support pupils calmly and confidently. You will be required to manage challenging behaviour and work with other members of staff to try and keep young people calm and engaged.
The ideal candidate might be:
- Versatile and resilient to work with challenging behaviour
- Experience working with students who have significant communication difficulties - any experience of Makaton, MAPA or PECS is desired
- Team Teach qualifications or other behaviour management qualifications
- Escalation and diffusion methods
- Experience working in challenging SEN environments with a range of abilities and SEN needs
- Confident to work as part of a thriving multi-disciplinary team
- Experience within Pupil Referral Units
- Able to inspire and engage students
- Vocational and Professional qualifications are desirable but not essential. It is about your character and abilities within the role.
- Enhanced Child Workforce DBS registered to the update service (or willing to apply for this
For more information on how to apply, please call Emma Gale as soon as possible. We will be open throughout the school holidays so we will be able to register candidates ready for roles starting in September.
Posted 18 days ago