- Marketing Officer
Role Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours:37.5 per week
Location: Stoke Gifford, Bristol (moving to central Bristol in the near future)
Application Closes:26/08/2019 at 09:00hrs
Salary: £25k - £28k per annum
- The Company:
Open Bionics Ltd is a Bristol based company who design, develop and manufacture bionic limbs for amputees. Our mission is to: “create and democratise technology that enhances the human body”. In other words, we want to make beautiful bionic limbs more accessible and to turn disabilities into superpowers! We've won several awards and was recently named as one of Fast-Company's most innovative companies in the whole of Europe. Feel free to visit our website to find out more about us: http://www.openbionics.com.
- Role Specification:
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Marketing Officer, with proven experience delivering B2B marketing and communications strategies, ideally for prosthetics or medical device companies. This is a super exciting opportunity to connect with talented clinicians all around the world and establish Open Bionics as a thought-leader in the prosthetics industry. You'll work on a wide variety of projects, have lots of autonomy in your role, and be happy to chip in with whatever needs doing. Open Bionics is a start-up and has ambitious growth plans, which will enable you to grow your personal career and responsibilities along with the company.
Collaborate with the Sales Team and Digital Lead to market Open Bionics products to prosthetics clinics in multiple territories globally.
- Work with prosthetics clinics to deliver co-marketing activity, and provide day-to-day marketing support for clinics.
- Plan, coordinate and manage logistics for Open Bionics' presence at national and international prosthetics trade shows, symposiums and events (such as BAPO, TIPS, AOPA National Assembly, ISPO World Congress and OT World).
- Manage relationships with prosthetics trade media and other publications, and establish Open Bionics as a thought-leader in the prosthetics industry.
- Work closely with web developers on B2B web apps, ensuring they are a key touchpoint in communications with clinicians, beginning with the Prosthetist Portal.
- Collaborate with the Digital Lead and Videographer / Photographer to develop engaging high quality content for specific target audiences
- Create stand-out marketing materials for clinicians in multiple markets, and manage stock and fulfilment of the materials.
- Measure, optimise and report on the effectiveness of marketing strategies against agreed KPIs.
- Keep up to date with trends, insight and media to proactively spot and propose creative new opportunities to enhance Open Bionics' reputation through marketing and communications.
- The postholder will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager.
A successful first three months at Open Bionics would include:
- Planning prosthetics events for 2020.
- Creating a suite of clinician marketing materials and distributing to key clinics.
- Working with key clinics to ensure the Hero Arm is featured on their websites and core marketing channels.
- Establishing relationships with prosthetic trade media and planning press opportunities for 2020.
Development of the Prosthetist Portal as a key communications channel with prosthetics clinics.
- At least 2 years' experience delivering effective marketing activities.
- Proven experience of trade show planning and delivery.
- Experience of using Guerrilla marketing strategies and techniques.
- Evidence of superb communication skills.
- Evidence of PR, content and digital experience.
- Experience of working in a similar role in the prosthetics or medical devices industry
German, French or Spanish as a second language
- To Apply
1) Write a Covering Letter explaining why you are suitable for the role. You must address the person scorecard criteria and detail why you want to work for Open Bionics.
2) Upload your CV which evidences the technical aspects of your knowledge, skills and experience.
Please note that both of the above must be provided in order to be considered for the post.
32 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata)
50% subsidised Gym/Sports membership or exercise classes
50% subsidised language classes
Flexible working hours
Paid Professional Membership (if applicable)
Free Tea & Coffee
- Other Information
Open Bionics is an Equal Opportunities employer. If you are disabled and require any reasonable adjustments, please contact james @openbionics.com.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and we value diversity in our workplace. We may operate positive action measures to encourage people from under-represented groups to apply and help them overcome disadvantages in competing with other applicants.
If you are successful, you will be expected to start within one month following the offer of an employment contract with Open Bionics Ltd and be expected to provide proof of your right to work in the UK.
Please note we are expecting to move our main office to central Bristol within the next few months.
Posted 11 days ago